Wall Street rises as energy, financial stocks gain
Wall Street rose on Wednesday, helped by higher oil prices and gains in financial stocks ahead of Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen's testimony before a Congressional committee.
Yellen's testimony will be watched for clues on the timing of the next interest rate hike, a week after the central bank held rates steady but suggested that a move could come later this year.
Minneapolis Fed President Neel Kashkari said the central bank could keep rates low for a while as inflation remains weak.
Investors are also awaiting comments from Fed officials including voting members Esther George, James... read more
- 10:52 Leicester boss Claude Puel ready to axe first-team stars in £30m...
- 10:52 Newcastle takeover: Mike Ashley to make clean break, Sports Direct...
- 10:52 UPDATED 10.38am: 'Total carnage' at A590 crash site as road is...
- 10:51 Corbyn: I was never supposed to be called Jeremy
- 10:50 Candice Brown cuddles up to fiancé after Paul Hollywood ‘kiss’ scandal
- 10:50 Arrogant commuter who called himself a legend Tasered by police
- 10:50 Woman wakes to find rocking horse dumped in garden with seriously...
- 10:49 Family's emotional thank you to M6 heroes
- 10:49 Ex-Rangers flop Joey Barton received record I’m A Celebrity offer
- 10:48 Alford drink-driver disqualified after head-on collision
- 10:48 Chelsea team news: Predicted Chelsea line up to face Liverpool
- 10:48 Widnes half-back Rangi Chase receives two-year ban from sport after...
- 10:47 Doctor Who Christmas Day special preview screening to be shown in Hull
- 10:46 Little Miss Inventor joins Mr Men and Little Miss line-up
- 10:46 Joy for campaigners as historic viaduct set to open for first time...
- 10:45 Nursery group snaps up two-storey site in St Helens
- 10:45 Four text messages from your 'bank' which you should never reply to
- 10:45 FTSE 100 slips as Centrica shares tumble
- 10:44 Sock theft is a thing of the past for Spud
- 10:44 International recording star Thomas Spencer to perform in Tutbury...
- 10:43 Grantham charity evening hits the bullseye
- 10:43 Alford drink-driver disqualified after head-on collision
- 10:43 Nursery enjoys sweet rewards from bees
- 10:43 UPDATED 10.34am: 'Total carnage' at A590 crash site as road is...
- 10:42 Marshes Wind Farm company awards thousands to community projects
- 10:42 Find out if Chester's Apprentice hopeful Andrew Brady escaped...
- 10:42 Wasps star Nathan Hughes wins praise from England boss ahead of...
- 10:42 EastEnders spoilers: Lauren Branning to die as Max is forced to...
- 10:41 Airport hack - This is why you should ALWAYS pick the security line...
- 10:41 Another drug dealing flat closed in Kettering