Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
Wall Street moved higher on Wednesday after an OPEC agreement to limit crude output fueled a rally in oil and more than offset nervousness about a tight race for the U.S. presidency.
The energy index jumped 4 percent and was set to have its best day since January after OPEC sources said the group has reached a deal to limit crude output at its policy meeting in November. Oil prices rallied as much as 6 percent.
"The energy sector has been the biggest drag on earnings for the past year and a half or two years, and if you can get some stability there, all of a sudden earnings start to... read more
- 10:31 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:31 Live: Man charged after bowling alley siege due in court
- 10:30 Man injured in 'multiple-car' collision on M42 near Tamworth
- 10:30 Tamworth FC: Andy Morrell's team plans for Hednesford
- 10:30 Victory for hospital petition
- 10:30 When is the Carabao Cup quarter-final draw?
- 10:30 Commuter misery as water pipe repairs spark traffic delays in...
- 10:29 TV chef Nigella Lawson coming to Meadowhall this week - and here's...
- 10:29 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:28 BrightHouse to pay £14.8m in compensation and refunds for...
- 10:28 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho tore into players and flung...
- 10:28 Tottenham striker Harry Kane given advice from Diego Maradona...
- 10:28 West Ham lining up Julian Nagelsmann as option to replace Slaven...
- 10:28 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:28 16 essential non-food items your local foodbank needs this Christmas
- 10:27 Victorian painting of Warwick to go to auction
- 10:27 My tattoos do not give you permission to touch me
- 10:27 Rutland County councillor steps down from Cabinet committee
- 10:27 Sheffield United fans due in court over violence
- 10:27 Host of Hallowe’en themed events for Half Term
- 10:26 PICTURES & VIDEO: Whaley Bridge's newest pub opens its doors
- 10:26 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:26 Caroline Wozniacki reignites feud by hitting out at Maria...
- 10:25 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:25 Supreme Court to hear Northern Ireland abortion case
- 10:25 Greenwood friends learn how to identify fungi
- 10:24 Doors close at one of Fylde coast's estate agents
- 10:24 Prince Harry applauds staff at Veterans UK on his visit to the Fylde
- 10:23 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:23 Sheffield United fans due in court over violence