Wall Street falls as health stocks drag
Wall Street was lower on Thursday as healthcare stocks slipped, while strong economic data raised the prospects of tighter monetary policy.
A report showed the number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell last week to a near 43-year low. The data comes ahead of a crucial monthly jobs report that will influence the Federal Reserve's decision on interest rates.
A growing number of Fed officials have argued for higher rates as the labor market remains robust and inflation inches towards the central bank's 2 percent target.
"Good economic news will be bad news for the... read more
- 15:55 Benfica vs Manchester United: Jose Mourinho will motivate hosts -...
- 15:55 Market play goes down a storm in Chorley
- 15:55 Amusement arcade plan for town centre
- 15:54 Vicious homophobe jailed after leaving female couple in hospital...
- 15:54 LIVE: Coventry City v Forest Green Rovers - score updates as Jordan...
- 15:53 Jose Mourinho admits he will not end career at Manchester United as...
- 15:53 Huge military helicopter buzzes Sheffield - AGAIN!
- 15:52 Journey's end for banned driver whose wheel rolled away along the...
- 15:51 Crash between car and motorbike causing travel problems in Spondon
- 15:51 Drunk plane passenger dragged off easyJet flight and tackled to...
- 15:50 Emergency services called to crash between car and bus in Lincoln
- 15:49 Fears grow for missing Skipton woman after 72 hours without contact
- 15:48 World's largest gambling hub ramps up security at amid fears of Las...
- 15:48 Notts emergency services train for serious road crash
- 15:48 Ashley Young: Manchester United would be bonkers to not give Jose...
- 15:48 Rugby players Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding to stand trial for rape
- 15:47 Jose Mourinho aims dig at Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren over...
- 15:47 WITH VIDEO: Going, going gone...
- 15:46 How you can get a job working as a PIZZA TASTER
- 15:46 Tamworth FC legend Dale Belford lands new manager's job
- 15:46 #saynotohate during National Hate Crime week
- 15:46 Lane closed on major Rugby road
- 15:46 Alex Palmer: Profiling the West Brom goalkeeper who could debut...
- 15:46 Halloween safety advice issued by Warwickshire Police
- 15:46 New artefacts at Battle of Edgehill exhibition for 375th anniversary
- 15:45 These are the most valuable old £1 coins
- 15:45 24-hour drug line trio locked up for 16 years
- 15:45 The quackery cures of yesteryear: From doctors giving women orgasms...
- 15:45 Would you buy one? £22 Piqapoo device clips on to your dog's tail...
- 15:44 Resort piers put on global protection list