Wall Street ends lower on China data; financials drag
U.S. stocks slipped on Thursday, led by declines in financial shares and following weak Chinese economic data, but a late-day rebound in oil prices limited the day's decline.
The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI fell 44.85 points, or 0.25 percent, to 18,099.35, the S&P 500 .SPX lost 6.59 points, or 0.31 percent, to 2,132.59 and the Nasdaq Composite .IXIC dropped 25.69 points, or 0.49 percent, to 5,213.33.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- 00:06 REVEALED: These are the 10 CHEAPEST European city breaks for UK...
- 00:06 Will Brexit hinder Yorkshire’s efforts to tackle human trafficking?
- 00:05 Glasgow and Edinburgh worst offenders in food hygiene standards
- 00:05 Scots teachers subject to ‘vicious’ online abuse from parents
- 00:00 Smalling knock gives Gibson first England call
- 00:00 Essential essence of Loud Women in twenty-one terrific tracks
- 00:00 Searching for unity, home and abroad
- 00:00 Facing up to capitalist realities
- 00:00 City fined €18k for Champions League offences
- 00:00 Hockey chiefs turn to knobstick team
- 00:00 A new dawn after all this wait?
- 00:00 Gutenberg’s dubious legacy
- 00:00 The passing of Martin McGuinness
- 00:00 Martin McGuinness: The man and the contradiction
- 00:00 Solidarity with Venezuela
- 00:00 Ireland: Communists pay tribute to McGuinness
- 00:00 Brazil: Attorney-general calls for wider corruption probe
- 00:00 US: Nunes agrees to answer committee
- 00:00 Measly 1% NHS pay offer angers union
- 00:00 Scotland: Anti-racists to protest against neonazi march
- 00:01 Danny Houghton and Jake Connor injury updates after Hull FC beat...
- 00:00 1 million car industry jobs at risk
- 23:59 Lewis Hamilton scorches but F1 is crying out for a Ferrari revival...
- 23:59 England yobs in the dock over Martin McGuinness chant as footage...
- 23:59 Eric Dier reveals his relief after anxious phone call to his mum in...
- 23:59 Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson is set for big move following his...
- 23:59 Ron Saunders the lost master: He won Aston Villa the title in 1981...
- 23:59 Manchester City break three anti-doping rules in the five months...
- 23:59 Michael O'Neill hoping for his Premier League chance after...
- 23:56 Harry Styles solo debut single: First review LEAKED - plus the...