Wall Street ends lower on China data; financials drag
U.S. stocks slipped on Thursday, led by declines in financial shares and following weak Chinese economic data, but a late-day rebound in oil prices limited the day's decline.
The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI fell 44.85 points, or 0.25 percent, to 18,099.35, the S&P 500 .SPX lost 6.59 points, or 0.31 percent, to 2,132.59 and the Nasdaq Composite .IXIC dropped 25.69 points, or 0.49 percent, to 5,213.33.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- 00:29 Want to make new friends? Women who talk about their favourite TV...
- 00:29 Look, no hands! $399 camera necklace lets you livestream videos...
- 00:29 How pollution makes its way to the ocean floor: Deep-sea footage...
- 00:27 I am 70: The shopkeeper who lived through Kashmir's wars
- 00:27 China bans weird and long company names
- 00:26 Teenagers to find out A-level results
- 00:26 Stevie Ward: Leeds Rhinos star is perfect role model for all of...
- 00:24 US calls for 'major' Nafta overhaul
- 00:19 10 common myths about schizophrenia that are just not true
- 00:18 Freeze-dried dung gives clue to Asian elephant stress
- 00:17 Got your A-level results? Here’s how to decide where you want to go...
- 00:17 Didn’t get the A-level results you wanted? Here’s what you should do
- 00:17 You’ve missed your university offers – so how does Clearing work?
- 00:15 Virgil van Dijk in London: Chelsea target’s location exposed on...
- 00:15 Christian Pulisic to Liverpool: Star prefers move to Real Madrid or...
- 00:14 Cumbrian teen to meet Prime Minister today
- 00:13 Call for extra care home places as demand predicted to soar
- 00:13 Terror hotline tip-offs soar by 600 per cent after UK attacks
- 00:13 A-level results: Top tips for caring parents
- 00:13 A-level results: Finding your perfect course through the clearing...
- 00:13 A-Level Results Day 2017: Students receive grades after major shake-up
- 00:13 This is why children and teenagers eating breakfast is so important
- 00:11 Brum bin workers crush council cut
- 00:07 Trump happy Kim has delayed plans
- 00:07 Palestine: Protesters shot at trying to prevent house demolition
- 00:07 Northern Ireland: May spurns physical north-south border
- 00:07 May refuses to rule out state visit despite latest bigotry
- 00:07 Corbyn slams ‘nazi-like’ Islamophobia in the Sun
- 00:07 Britain plummeting into a ‘cost-of-living crisis’
- 00:07 Fracking: Shale rock professor says UK gas reserves 'hyped'