Wall St Week Ahead-Investors seek profit turnaround to drive stocks higher
(Repeats story first published Friday with no changes to text)
By Lewis Krauskopf
Oct 14 A heavy slate of U.S. corporate earnings could set the course next week for a wavering U.S. stock market.
Better-than-expected big bank earnings on Friday somewhat helped shore up Wall Street's confidence, which has been shaken by a rocky beginning to third-quarter reporting season, marred by disappointing results from industrial and healthcare companies.
But with the bulk of results still to come, investors are counting on large U.S. companies to stop a year-long streak of profit declines. Next week's... read more
- 15:18 High Tides - October 21 to October 28
- 15:18 Donald Trump slammed for 'fearmongering' over Islamic terror UK...
- 15:18 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:17 Wyre councillor did her bit for keep fit day
- 15:17 The Walking Dead season 8: How did the virus start? What created...
- 15:17 EastEnders spoilers: Jane Beale for devastating exit tonight? Her...
- 15:17 Investigation finds water problems in Bolsover ‘caused by a digger’
- 15:17 Connah's Quay out for Llandudno revenge, and the rest of the WPL...
- 15:17 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:17 The power of public speaking
- 15:16 Wolves news: Nuno Espirito Santo’s side ‘guaranteed’ play-off spot
- 15:16 Volvo Ocean Race: Emily Nagel ready to spend nine months smashing...
- 15:16 Angry Man Utd fans come up with conspiracy theories after club...
- 15:16 Ashes 2017/18: Kevin Pietersen reveals how Australia feel about...
- 15:16 Anthony Joshua net worth: How much is Anthony Joshua worth? Boxing...
- 15:15 Bali Volcano update: Mount Sinabung spews MOLTEN LAVA as Mount...
- 15:14 'I thought if I held back and made him beat me, there was always a...
- 15:14 Chester couple have celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary
- 15:14 Cheshire fire cadets fly to Nepal to complete classroom project
- 15:14 Burglars steal several items from Kenilworth home
- 15:12 Blackpool hotel pair on market for £3.25m
- 15:12 New ambulance response standards presented at AGM
- 15:12 WATCH: Free bags for dog waste on trial basis
- 15:12 'I woke up in a pool of blood': TV star Alicia Douvall claims...
- 15:10 Freemasons are next to join successful prostrate screening project...
- 15:09 Porter makes awards final
- 15:09 Tributes paid to Horncastle Civic Society founder
- 15:08 Coronation Street Steve McDonald star Simon Gregson is delighted to...
- 15:07 Ben Davies set to return for Tottenham’s clash with Liverpool
- 15:07 Is Storm Brian forecast to hit Coventry? What you need to know