Wall St. set to open higher on Goldman, Netflix results
Wall Street was set for a higher open on Tuesday, buoyed by a slew of better-than-expected quarterly reports, including from Netflix and Goldman Sachs.
Shares of Netflix (NFLX.O) surged 18 percent to $117.86 in heavy premarket trading after the video streaming website added many more subscribers in the third quarter than expected.
Goldman (GS.N) rose 1.2 percent and lifted shares of other banks after the company's third-quarter results blew past Wall Street estimates as it raked in higher trading revenue.
A slew of better-than-expected earnings, including from big U.S. banks, in recent days... read more
- 09:12 Robert shows his sugarcraft skills
- 09:11 Misterton names its Citizens of the Year
- 09:10 Football transfer rumours: Toby Alderweireld to Manchester United
- 09:10 Can Bridlington land major fishing award?
- 09:10 Teenage girl and man face more questioning over fatal stabbing in...
- 09:03 EXCLUSIVE: San Francisco 49ers buy minority stake in Leeds United
- 09:02 Hearty reasons for a celebration
- 09:02 YOUR SAY: New speed camera vans on our roads
- 09:02 The worst tackles, challenges and fouls in the history of the...
- 09:02 Real Madrid news: Neymar hotly tipped to make stunning La Liga return
- 09:02 Northumberland Livestock
- 09:02 Geordie artist’s images for sale at Morpeth auction venue
- 09:01 More police to deal with crime and yobs in Doncaster town centre
- 09:01 Alert as nuisance bikers problem spreads to central Doncaster
- 09:00 Whistleblower ‘taped to chair and told “This is what you get when...
- 08:58 Unai Emery in his own words: on his Arsenal ambitions, Ozil,...
- 08:57 Motorists urged to avoid peak journey times over the Bank Holiday...
- 08:56 Missing Burnley man found
- 08:56 Baby death suspect still in police custody in Sheffield
- 08:56 FTSE LIVE: City heavyweight Deutsche Bank to slash 7000 jobs as...
- 08:55 You really do need to cut back on booze and bacon to lower your...
- 08:55 Your waterproof sun cream might not be so waterproof after all
- 08:55 Jack has his designs set on top award
- 08:55 School appeal is global affair
- 08:54 Favourite Things: Nothing than outdoors for work and down time
- 08:54 Teen arrested after Norbreck Castle Hotel rooftop stand-off
- 08:52 Here's when and why you'll start spotting learner drivers on...
- 08:52 Lionel Messi could inadvertently block Antoine Griezmann Barcelona...
- 08:49 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang reacts to appointment of new Arsenal...
- 08:48 Petition calls for measures to curb speed