Wall St. rallies on strong corporate earnings reports
Wall Street rallied broadly on Tuesday, as a slew of better-than-expected quarterly reports, including those from Netflix and UnitedHealth, buoyed investor sentiment.
All of the 11 major S&P 500 sectors were higher, led by an 1.13 percent rise in the healthcare index .SPXHC.
UnitedHealth (UNH.N) rose 6 percent after the health insurer said it expect the strong growth seen in 2016 to continue into 2017. Other health insurers also gained on the news.
Netflix (NFLX.O) was the top boost and biggest gainer on the S&P 500, rising 17.5 percent to $117.41 after the video streaming website... read more
- 10:21 The 10 Premier League bosses to win the most points over the past...
- 10:21 Sex offender didn't want police to disturb his bereaved family
- 10:21 Stroll With Stu: Reunion a great way to end walk to village pub
- 10:21 Telford A&E could close overnight
- 10:20 Weak sterling supports UK's FTSE ahead of Brexit trigger, mid caps...
- 10:20 Muslim groups plan march against Jakarta's Christian governor
- 10:20 Iraqi forces battle towards landmark Mosul mosque
- 10:20 Duggan family lose inquest appeal
- 10:19 EU antitrust regulators block Deutsche Boerse, LSE merger
- 10:19 Why Pets at Home are set to stop selling rabbits over Easter
- 10:19 Mirko Cro Cop wants retirement fight with fellow legend...
- 10:18 Paul Weller EXCLUSIVE: ‘Magical moment’ music icon records NEW song...
- 10:18 Sir Elton John preparing animated Joseph And The Amazing...
- 10:18 Johnathan Rayfield attacked a Batley shop assistant as he stole a...
- 10:18 Leonardo DiCaprio pays tribute to ‘best acting mum’ after death of...
- 10:18 Book review: Irresistible: Why we can’t stop checking, scrolling,...
- 10:18 Disgraced hospital consultant who ripped off NHS gets unpaid work
- 10:18 Bool review: Birdcage Walk, by Helen Dunmore
- 10:18 7 great family days out in Scotland
- 10:17 Halifax MP Holly Lynch warns prison officers face huge risk of...
- 10:17 Crash on busy Scarborough road
- 10:17 Gunnar Nelson reveals who he wants to fight after emphatic Alan...
- 10:16 Troon FC swoop for former Ayr United and Hearts star Ryan Stevenson
- 10:16 Murder suspect in police custody over stabbing in Sheffield
- 10:16 Circa Waves at Nottingham's Rock City - Review
- 10:15 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination
- 10:15 Staffordshire bull terrier owner dies after own dog attacks
- 10:14 Big Interview: The man who runs a £4.9 billion a year business
- 10:14 Life-saving drug alert system
- 10:14 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination