Wall St. dips in choppy trade; earnings, Fischer in focus
Wall Street inched lower in a choppy session on Monday as an advance in technology and financial stocks offset the effects of lower oil prices and a dip in healthcare stocks.
Investors are also awaiting Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer's speech at 12:15 p.m. ET (1615 GMT), when he is expected to offer his thoughts on raising interest rates.
With third-quarter earnings reports in full flow this week, investors will be hoping corporate America's profits fare better in the second half of the year than they did in the first.
Earnings of S&P 500 companies are expected to have... read more
- 03:45 Australians sitting on mountains of cash as wealth outpaces debt
- 03:43 Child sex offences 'rise fourfold in Greater Manchester'
- 03:40 Nikkei edges down on pause in weak yen trend; mining shares outperform
- 03:40 Court decides whether to arrest ousted South Korean president Park
- 03:34 Jose Mourinho orders Manchester United to press ahead with Tiemoue...
- 03:32 BlackBerry, freed of handsets, looks to software for return to glory
- 03:04 EU offers to negotiate Nord Stream 2 on behalf of members - Politiken
- 03:04 Oil stable on falling Libyan output, but bloated US market still...
- 03:01 Food trade drains global water sources at 'alarming' rates
- 02:56 Made In Chelsea's Stephanie Pratt going for gold with Team GB rugby...
- 02:56 'He was always the a-- wipe for Will Smith': Fresh Prince of...
- 02:56 EastEnders is not so Dyer without Danny as 'TV show ratings are...
- 02:56 Stephen Belafonte shares intimate 'threesome snap' with Mel B......
- 02:56 Lucy Mecklenburgh dresses her svelte figure in a leather jacket and...
- 02:56 Made In Chelsea star Rosie Fortescue rocks a psychedelic minidress...
- 02:56 TOWIE's Yazmin Oukhellou sizzles in plunging bralet as she puts on...
- 02:55 Ivanka Trump to be assistant to US president
- 02:55 SpaceX set to launch 'used rocket'
- 02:37 Ex-Cyclone Debbie forces mass closure of Queensland schools
- 02:28 Report shows computer delays in child grooming inquiries
- 02:20 Asia shares creep up to near two-year peak, dollar firms
- 02:18 Inside Mosul, a huge blast, then screams, dust and horror
- 02:13 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:59 Jose Mourinho rules Paul Pogba out of Manchester United’s clash...
- 01:49 Volkswagen says U.S. approves sale of modified diesel vehicles
- 01:46 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:43 ConocoPhillips sells oil and gas assets to Cenovus for $13.3 billion
- 01:42 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:39 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday
- 01:35 Nintendo Switch news: Classic dock design may make you skip that...