Walk was golden ticket for raising charity funds
0 Have your say Over 650 people lit up one of the city’s woods with their glowsticks and torches as they walked to raise money for charity.
The Willy Wonka themed woodland walk, which was organised by Weston Park Cancer charity to raise funds, took place on Saturday October 1 at 6pm in Ecclesall Woods.
Light the Night was attended by fundraisers, patients and local families, who all wanted to support those fighting cancer in our region.
The walk, which was planned by local walking enthusiast Robert Haslam and is now in its fifth year, began at sundown.
All those who took part were given a... read more
- 09:44 Two charged over Coventry hit-and-run crash which killed brothers...
- 09:42 BBC presenter’s book focuses on Easton Walled Gardens
- 09:41 Taxi driver caught using Costa Coffee cup lid as fuel cap
- 09:40 Man Utd v Chelsea: Former Premier League star makes big prediction...
- 09:38 Manchester City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko: ‘I trained on the streets of...
- 09:38 Children’s charity admits six cases of sexual abuse and...
- 09:37 Wigan man had vile child abuse images on his computer
- 09:36 Dave Seddon’s PNE pressview: The rise of Alan Browne
- 09:36 Winter Olympics 2018: Billy Morgan makes ‘HORRIBLE’ claim after...
- 09:36 Winter Olympics: Ester Ledecka wins two gold medals in DIFFERENT...
- 09:34 Report shows UK has an ‘unhealthy’ relationship with alcohol
- 09:33 Sinkhole of 'unknown depth' opens ups on Dallamires Lane, Ripon
- 09:32 South Tyneside garden waste collections start next month
- 09:32 Trust received funding boost from council
- 09:32 Get ready to be entertained as Customs House announces new shows
- 09:32 Sponsored walk to raise cash for Charlie Cookson Fund
- 09:32 New delays mean pedestrian Tyne Tunnel will be THREE YEARS late in...
- 09:32 Sunderland and South Tyneside health chiefs look to recruit 100...
- 09:32 Fancy a business bank account that does your taxes for you?...
- 09:32 Jarrow transplant survivor backs move to bring in opt-out donor system
- 09:32 Watch out for these seven old-school selling tricks that have moved...
- 09:32 12 tips on giving well to charity: How to make sure your money is...
- 09:32 Meera Sodha’s vegan recipe for kitchari
- 09:29 Shirebrook firefighters come to aid of dog
- 09:28 Lords' Twitter row over Stormont deadlock
- 09:28 Ester Ledecka seals status as Winter Olympics snow queen with...
- 09:26 Finding hidden battle’s history
- 09:26 Firefighters will wash your cars for charity
- 09:26 County’s first female MP to be celebrated
- 09:26 Sinkhole of 'unknown depth' opens ups on Dallamires Lane, Ripon