Wales suffer huge blow to World Cup hopes
Gareth Bale has been ruled out of Wales’ final two World Cup qualifiers against Georgia and the Republic of Ireland.
Bale’s fitness has been a source of concern for Chris Coleman’s Wales since he suffered a calf muscle strain against Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League last week.
The 28-year-old missed Real Madrid’s La Liga clash with Espanyol on Sunday night but reported to the Wales camp the following morning.
Bale attended the FAW Awards on Monday night but will not be fit enough to play in the two qualifiers which will determine Wales’ World Cup ambitions.
Real boss Zinedine... read more
- 09:00 Traffic heavy after A19 crash
- 08:58 Woman bullied for her ‘ugly leg’ works as a model to inspire people...
- 08:58 Airbnb launches Edinburgh experiences campaign
- 08:57 Vauxhall Corsa GSi RETURNS - New hot hatch debuts after 25 year hiatus
- 08:57 Power cut hits 170 Doncaster homes
- 08:56 Jobs at risk at Carpetright as retailer eyes store closures
- 08:55 Carpetright jobs under threat as retailer eyes store closures
- 08:54 VIDEO: Hebden Bridge man sees deadly RAF Valley Red Arrow crash...
- 08:54 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho blasts Paul Pogba for Match of the Day...
- 08:54 Barcelona will offer Ousmane Dembele to Atletico because of fears...
- 08:54 Lewis Hamilton is risking his career: Former F1 driver fires huge...
- 08:54 More names added to exciting Slam Dunk line-up
- 08:54 Austin bombings suspect dead - US media
- 08:53 Red Bull duo Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen get artistic as...
- 08:52 Trailer revealed for Pat Phelen's Coronation Street exit - which...
- 08:52 Temporary traffic lights to be in place at busy junction
- 08:51 First trees planted to help save Leeds from flooding
- 08:51 Are you as smart as an 11 year old? Prove it
- 08:51 Emergency services attending incident in Market Harborough
- 08:49 Zoe Ball ‘wishes she told boyfriend Billy Yates she loved him’...
- 08:49 How suspected Nazi war criminal, 96, led secret life in Telford...
- 08:48 Champion cyclist going for gold following road accident
- 08:47 Jobs at risk at Carpetright as retailer eyes store closures
- 08:47 Andrew Brady moves into Caroline Flack’s home just weeks after...
- 08:46 Bagel company launches cheese shampoo and bacon conditioner so you...
- 08:45 Wigan NHS staff may go on strike
- 08:45 Police search for two missing teens believed to be in Barrow
- 08:45 ‘Thief’ hands baby over to petrol station worker after finding it...
- 08:43 Bus fares across Nuneaton and Bedworth to rise by up to five per cent
- 08:43 NHS workers in England set for 6.5% pay rise - do you think it's...