Wales captain Sam Warburton to have surgery on fractured cheekbone
Sam Warburton requires surgery on his fractured cheekbone but is still expected to feature in all four of Wales' autumn internationals.
Warburton clashed heads with Josh van der Flier in Cardiff Blues' 16-13 defeat by Leinster on Saturday and has been told by a specialist he will be sidelined for no more than a month.
"Warburton will have a small plate inserted in his cheekbone. It is estimated he will be out of action for approximately two to four weeks," a Blues statement read.
Copyright PA Sport 2016, All Rights Reserved
- 09:26 Police investigating death of man found inside Batley house
- 09:25 Leeds office site wins wellbeing prize
- 09:25 ‘Without the Leeds trauma centre, I wouldn’t be here today’
- 09:25 Power cut hits 60 South Yorkshire homes
- 09:24 Extra tickets released for Runrig’s farewell concert
- 09:23 Liverpool will sign a striker this summer, Roberto Firmino needs...
- 09:23 Orgasms, assemble: You can now get Avengers themed sex toys
- 09:23 St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright focusing on positives after Dens defeat
- 09:23 St Johnstone’s Stefan Scougall looking to finish season with a...
- 09:23 Slate will be wiped clean for play-offs, says Dundee United boss...
- 09:22 Daniele De Rossi ends his long wait for dream date at Anfield
- 09:22 Severe disruption to Northern train services after incident between...
- 09:22 Plans for new Premier Inn on Scarborough waterpark site revealed
- 09:22 'Nothing beats the hunt for tunes that will change your life':...
- 09:21 Fire crews tackle village blaze
- 09:21 Memorial wall in Radcliffe pays tribute to First World War heroes
- 09:20 Expansion planned at prominent Carlisle factory
- 09:20 Hospital apologises to actress Han Ye-seul for surgery error that...
- 09:20 Sarah Jessica Parker insists there’s ‘no catfight’ with Kim...
- 09:20 Severe disruption to Northern train services after incident between...
- 09:19 Library of Birmingham reopens following three day closure
- 09:19 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday April 24 2018
- 09:19 Wigan teen rushed to burns unit with serious injuries following...
- 09:19 Sunderland teenager’s funding appeal to take part in Paralympics
- 09:18 The Leeds Fund: Confectioner’s sweet gift for young people
- 09:18 New Crown poker machine tampering claims to be investigated
- 09:18 Barnier says EU needs 'more clarity' from UK over its Brexit...
- 09:17 ‘I feared I’d be deported after 60 years here’
- 09:16 Boxing fans hail Muhammad Ali's 'best footwork ever' in AMAZING...
- 09:15 This is when the weather will get hot again in Birmingham after...