'Wake up and get it right' - what drivers are saying about Newcastle bus lane camera fiasco
Drivers caught out by a bus lane camera in Newcastle are having their fines refunded.
The Traffic Penalty Tribunal has ruled that, due to signage issues , Newcastle City Council now has to cancel many of the penalty charge notices.
It means that drivers caught in the hours of darkness between February 23 and April 22 are set to get their money back.
Council bosses say this amounts to 5,100 drivers and could cost the authority £117,500 in refunds.
The camera, which was put up in February, has caught 64,000 drivers.
The legal ruling came after one determined motorist appealed his fine all the... read more
- 03:31 Southern train drivers strike after court rejects appeal
- 21:26 Simon Henig on why Durham County Council had no choice but to save...
- 19:18 Former fire service boss threw knife and dirty dishes at his...
- 18:49 Watch the moment FIVE clubbers pile into a Newcastle taxi in the...
- 17:28 Here's one Chinese man pleased that Toon boss Rafa Benitez isn't...
- 16:35 Thief who stole from pensioner's handbag left on the Metro...
- 16:35 Police investigate reports of man flashing at women in Walker area...
- 03:21 India launches record-breaking 104 satellites from single rocket
- 03:21 Firms urged to publish ethnic breakdown
- 03:20 Dear Sir, I'm sorry: letters of apology to former teachers
- 03:15 James O'Connor will not be offered new contract, says Toulon owner
- 03:07 Jonathan Gibbs: We must save rural life – but this school had to die
- 03:05 Prison officers to withdraw from riot duty in pay dispute
- 03:04 Review faults Washington police handling of inaugural protests
- 03:02 Roy Keane launches another dig at Jose Mourinho over his Manchester...
- 02:57 Nigel Farage aide defects to Tories claiming a mass exodus from Ukip
- 02:54 What happens in the brain when you learn a language?
- 02:49 Overwatch Season 4’s new hero has another big hint shared on Twitter
- 02:40 Top 10 state and national parks in Texas
- 02:35 Deportation of student halted hours before she was due to board plane
- 02:32 How statistics lost their power – and why we should fear what comes...
- 02:29 The 20 big questions in science
- 02:27 UK government surplus gives Philip Hammond pre-budget boost
- 02:24 Top 10 national parks in Arizona
- 02:19 Network Rail fined £4m after woman killed by train at foot crossing
- 02:09 Warren Buffett, 'Oracle of Omaha', criticises Wall Street and...
- 02:08 Top 10 bars in Nashville
- 02:05 Is Australia Racist? SBS documentary makes for uncomfortable viewing
- 02:03 Big tourism must demand action to save the reef – its business...
- 02:01 Does music really help you concentrate?