VW shares drop on Bloomberg report of potential U.S. fine
Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) shares fell 4.6 percent to a two-month low on a Bloomberg report that the U.S. Justice Department was assessing how big a criminal fine it could extract from VW without putting it out of business, traders said on Tuesday.
Bloomberg cited two people familiar with the negotiations as saying the U.S. government and the German carmaker were trying to reach a settlement by January before a new U.S. administration comes into office.
(Reporting by Patricia Uhlig; Editing by Edward Taylor)
- 12:05 Reports from the courts – Who has been up before the magistrates...
- 12:05 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:05 Strong support for multi-million pound retail plans in Bolsover
- 12:05 Changes to bus stops area and road layouts
- 12:04 Huge new Next at Home store opens in Burton - here are five reasons...
- 12:03 These stunning pics are the best Instagram photos of Birmingham
- 12:03 Metropolitan Police issue statement after Birmingham City's match...
- 12:03 This is how many Wolves supporters are heading to Man City for the...
- 12:03 School life: Multilingual fun or diversión multilingüe at Rastrick...
- 12:02 Missing Sunderland woman found safe and well
- 12:02 VIDEO: Horrifying moment 15-year-old boy sets fire to live crow in...
- 12:02 Jihad: Toulouse boy's name leads to France dilemma
- 12:02 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:02 What really happens on a lads’ holiday? 5 guys look back on...
- 12:02 From costumes to characters – here’s a beginner’s guide to role play
- 12:01 Working together for best outcomes
- 12:00 Hundreds of thousands owed £15M as BrightHouse household goods firm...
- 12:00 Kourtney Kardashian announces she’s ‘pregnant’ in shock...
- 11:59 Britain can still stop Brexit process, EU says
- 11:59 Carabao Cup kids: The youngsters hoping to make an impression in...
- 11:59 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 11:59 Police called to deal with disruptive passenger on Ryanair flight...
- 11:58 Long serving RNLI Thurso coxswain to retire
- 11:58 Gina Miller named UK's most influential black person
- 11:58 I've inherited £50k and plan on spending a bit on myself then...
- 11:58 Publisher Bloomsbury's sales rise 15% thanks to Harry Potter's...
- 11:58 Lecturers accuse Tory MP of Brexit 'McCarthyism'
- 11:58 Hackers breach top plastic surgery clinic
- 11:58 Ice rink ‘will bring magic’ to Kenilworth
- 11:57 Motorists urged to buy self-driving cars to cut traffic accidents