VW factories to raise efficiency by up to 8 percent - Handelsblatt
Volkswagen wants to improve the productivity of its factories by between five and eight percent per year, German daily Handelsblatt said on Monday, citing company sources.
Every third factory shift could then be eliminated and expensive weekend shifts would no longer be needed, the paper said.
The German carmaker plans to tighten spending sharply as it deals with fallout from its diesel emissions cheating scandal. VW declined to comment.
VW's supervisory board is scheduled to meet on Nov. 18 to approve new spending targets for the coming years.
(Reporting by Edward Taylor and Ilona... read more
- 08:02 Extra police at Birmingham Airport today - here's why
- 08:02 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:02 Police hunt down suspected car thieves with dogs in Penwortham
- 08:01 Letters: Puzzled by 20% rise in cost of scratch cards
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Sheffield WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Doncaster WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:00 From a homeless hostel to vice-chancellor of Lincoln University
- 07:59 Supreme Court to hear NI woman's widow benefit case
- 07:55 Toronto van murderer may have killed 10 due to ‘hatred of women’
- 07:55 Golden State Warriors set up Playoff showdown with New Orleans...
- 07:54 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:52 Martin Bain opens up on Sunderland's relegation, Ellis Short and a...
- 07:51 TSB crisis: CEO says online banking is 'up and running', but some...
- 07:51 Meek Mill receives hero’s welcome as he rings the bell at...
- 07:50 Foreign Office climate staff cut by 25% under Boris Johnson
- 07:50 Cricket fans given chance to purchase land at Lord's for...
- 07:49 Ice cream parlour with 50 flavours to open in Northampton shopping...
- 07:48 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:48 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 07:46 Lloyds Bank profits jump by 23% to £1.6bn
- 07:45 Ultrafast broadband comes to Coventry - download an HD movie in...
- 07:45 Woman seeks £700,000 compensation from driver who killed her husband
- 07:45 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69, M1 and more
- 07:45 Ant McPartlin won’t be back on screen until ‘next year’ says...
- 07:45 Millie Bobby Brown brings her dad as her date to Time 100 Gala...
- 07:45 This is what Tony Xia has done to stimulate Aston Villa's promotion...
- 07:41 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 07:40 Meek Mill released from prison after 'nightmare' five months
- 07:36 Chief executive Martin Bain discusses club’s persistent recruitment...
- 07:34 Sally's Cottages launches new online booking system