Volunteers needed for WW1 lives project
Volunteers are needed for a major project which will tell the previously untold personal stories of local people involved in the First World War.
The project will be launched on Monday, 4 August at the Treasure House, Beverley, exactly 100 years after the outbreak of the war which claimed so many millions of lives.
The East Riding Local Studies & Archive Service holds hundreds of photographs of local First World War soldiers, sailors and other people. East Riding of Yorkshire Council Archivist Lizzy Baker said: “These photographs show a really wide variety of people – men from all ranks... read more
- 15:43 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:43 There's something fishy about Scartho Junior Academy's tourism trail
- 15:42 Corby firm to have dogs in the office for charity
- 15:42 Trains to and from Kenilworth 'suspended until further notice'
- 15:41 Novak Djokovic enjoys perfect Queen’s return to set up Grigor...
- 15:40 Dundee hit the 3,000 season tickets mark
- 15:40 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:40 Wine lovers, rejoice: The Rosé Mansion in New York is looking...
- 15:39 Chelsea legend Frank Lampard’s comments on Jordan Henderson spark...
- 15:38 Prince William might have just revealed he's a secret Liverpool fan
- 15:38 Hat-trick of housing bids recommended for refusal
- 15:38 Decision day for holiday developments plans
- 15:38 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:36 Pictured: First of three graffiti artists killed by train
- 15:36 Ill woman begs Nicola Sturgeon: ‘please don’t let me die’
- 15:35 Arsenal legend Martin Keown RINSED by BBC World Cup team in savage...
- 15:35 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:34 Trains to and from Kenilworth 'suspended until further notice'
- 15:33 Loughborough Junction: Tribute to 'artist' killed by train
- 15:33 Anti-tourism protesters in Spain chain themselves to Gaudi's iconic...
- 15:33 New Vatican tour allows travellers to unlock the doors of the...
- 15:31 Countdown to the launch of the Great Exhibition of the North begins
- 15:31 Heatwave: Nottinghamshire temperatures set to reach 25C next week
- 15:31 Beacon Academy is going from strength to strength
- 15:31 'Don't go in there!' Police safety warning after pub break-in
- 15:31 Police hunting for schoolboy, 15, who has been missing for four days
- 15:30 Nabil Fekir rejects claims knee injury led to failed Liverpool move
- 15:30 Poland vs Senegal latest score: LIVE updates from Group H World Cup...
- 15:29 Police investigating fuel theft in Gainsborough
- 15:28 Convicted US felon arrested with more than 500 guns in California home