Volunteers help Daventry allotments bloom with colour
Allotments in Daventry will be producing more than just vegetables this spring thanks to a group of volunteers.
Staff from Cummins in Daventry planted a variety of spring flowers at the entrances to allotments in Drayton and off Welton Road as part of Daventry District Council’s (DDC) ongoing wildflower projects.
It is hoped the flowers will promote biodiversity by providing an early source of nectar for any insects that come out of hibernation in the late winter/early spring, such as bumblebees and over-wintering butterflies. Tulips, daffodils, hyacinth, muscari and crocus bulbs were all... read more
- 07:46 Eden Hazard: This is where I want to go
- 07:46 Cyclist in serious condition after collision with double-decker bus
- 07:46 Batley Boys earn impressive away win but miss out on cup semi-final...
- 07:46 Warning to parents after yobs leave smashed glass at children’s...
- 07:45 Delays as accident partly closes A1 near Birtley
- 07:45 Cambodian opposition figure sentenced again
- 07:44 SSE says 2017/18 dividend cover to be at lower end of guidance
- 07:44 Bookmaker William Hill names Ruth Prior as CFO
- 07:44 Tesco target Booker sees sales growth ease
- 07:44 Drug-driver caught by police with cannabis and cocaine traces in...
- 07:44 School praised for being ‘at the heart of the community’ by Ofsted
- 07:44 Motorway sliproad closed at Carlisle following crash
- 07:43 Xiao Long Bao: Foodies fume over 'exploding soup dumplings'
- 07:43 Nintendo’s latest console launch helps Game Digital
- 07:42 Swarkestone Road open, Derby news now, traffic updates for A50, A38...
- 07:42 Miami Open 2017 results: Rafael Nadal sets up Fabio Fognini...
- 07:41 RISE AND SHINE: Start the day with our live breakfast feed
- 07:41 Reese’s is now doing a peanut butter creme egg
- 07:39 Genel deepens annual loss after reserves downgrade
- 07:38 Commuters set to face 18 MONTHS of traffic chaos on M1 from today
- 07:38 Questions over Preston nuclear jobs future as Westinghouse files...
- 07:36 Chesterfield Royal Hospital's new cancer centre to open this summer
- 07:36 Search for missing helicopter with 5 on board resumes after...
- 07:36 Vote in county elections
- 07:35 Police issue warning over thieves targeting vans
- 07:34 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:34 Takeaway shop on fire
- 07:34 £156m Man Utd striker swoops, major Chelsea dispute, Arsenal...
- 07:33 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:33 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...