Volkswagen may cut 2,500 jobs per year via early retirements, says labor boss: Handelsblatt
Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) may cut up to 2,500 jobs per year over 10 years by moving workers into early retirement, Handelsblatt reported on Wednesday, citing Bernd Osterloh, chief of the carmaker's influential works council.
Top management and labor leaders are locked in "tough" talks on future strategy and cost savings at the troubled VW brand, Osterloh said in an interview with the German business daily published on Wednesday.
Labor leaders, who hold about half the seats on VW's supervisory board, are seeking to avert outright dismissals at Europe's largest automaker and instead... read more
- 14:47 Can you help save Heckyfest?
- 14:46 Michael Warham murder trial: Jury out to deliberate
- 14:46 Serious crash closes A1079
- 14:46 From a painful injection, to root canal surgery and giving up their...
- 14:45 Two women kidnapped teens at knifepoint before one threatened to...
- 14:45 Fury as travellers move into Birmingham SCHOOL with caravan convoy
- 14:45 Waitrose is now offering an Easter TREE - and people are so...
- 14:45 Jose Mourinho blasts Leicester flops after Claudio Ranieri is sacked
- 14:45 Oscars 2017: Casey Affleck 'will WIN Best Actor' despite scandal &...
- 14:45 Bank staff donate £20,000 to hospice
- 14:45 The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild hands-on preview – eye-opener
- 14:45 Doncaster cage fighter creates history with photo shoot for gay...
- 14:44 Saudi King Salman launches investment drive with Asia tour
- 14:44 ‘Can you hear me?’ - Lincolnshire residents warned to hang up on...
- 14:44 Vehicle fire closes A38
- 14:44 Bungling burglar in pushbike getaway
- 14:43 England train ahead of Six Nations clash with Italy as coach Eddie...
- 14:43 When is The Get Down season 1 part 2 out? Netflix release date,...
- 14:42 Seating to be added to more than half of Sheffield's tram stops
- 14:41 Atherstone Ball Game top ten funky facts...
- 14:41 Lord Waddington dies aged 87
- 14:41 Burglars steal jewellery during raid on Northampton home
- 14:40 Why we should all be having sex breaks at work
- 14:40 Architect appointed for new food and drink hub at Melton market
- 14:40 F1 2017: New Ferrari and McLarens revealed ahead of first test
- 14:40 Drone had near miss with jet over Derby
- 14:39 Woman dies in flat fire
- 14:39 JAILED: Drug and gambling addict caused brought misery to train...
- 14:39 Moyes on his best Everton FC signing and Koeman
- 14:38 US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens lower as finance, tech weighs