Volkswagen labour boss demands commitment to battery production - Sueddeutsche
Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) should commit to investing in the development and production of batteries for electric cars, the carmaker's works council chief Bernd Osterloh told a German newspaper.
"Volkswagen has to build its own competencies in the area of cells and batteries on the research and development side," the paper quoted Osterloh as saying in an interview to be published in daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung on Tuesday.
"That is important for the sites in Germany. We need a commitment to the production of batteries in exchange for job cuts," he added.
Volkswagen is under... read more
- 10:04 Motorway closed after car fire
- 10:02 How Sheffield allotment is growing connections with nature and the...
- 10:02 Education column: Most parents know less about school than what’s...
- 10:02 Barclays sets aside another £600m for PPI compensation claims
- 10:02 West Ham and Chelsea fan violence turns area into 'bomb site' and...
- 10:02 Australian magistrate tells Aboriginal teen to 'be like 50 Cent'
- 10:01 Bottles of water given to villagers hit by a burst main near Market...
- 10:01 Fewer EU nationals apply to study in Britain after Brexit vote
- 10:01 Turkey orders detention of dozens of pilots in coup investigation -...
- 09:59 Upset thief stole wine after death of friend
- 09:58 Children 'forced to sleep by roadside' after Calais Jungle...
- 09:58 FOOTBALL RUMOURS: Blanc wants United job, Allardyce for Wolves?...
- 09:57 Pensioner slasher back behind bars after going on run from jail
- 09:57 All you need to know about the new Royal Bank of Scotland £5 note
- 09:55 Demand for fibre helps BT meet forecasts, pension deficit widens
- 09:55 England beat USA to host rugby league World Cup in 2021
- 09:55 Manny Pacquiao steps up workout ahead of boxing return as...
- 09:55 Eurowings cancels hundreds of flights amid cabin crew strike
- 09:55 Leeds to lose star man in summer: Leicester scouted him in EFL Cup win
- 09:55 UK economic growth slows to 0.5% in third quarter
- 09:54 Final council votes in favour of Lincolnshire devolution
- 09:53 Cumbria warned to prepare for icy winter weather from next month
- 09:52 Gin prices will increase to painful levels if inflation rises 3%
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...
- 09:50 The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- 09:50 WATCH: Erosion has led to fish-pass problems
- 09:50 Bamburgh WI, Meeting
- 09:49 India detains Pakistani diplomat at Delhi Zoo for 'spying'
- 09:49 Support for South Korea's Park slides to all-time low amid crisis...