Volkswagen, labor agree to cut 5-6 billion euros of costs at VW brand: magazine
Volkswagen's (VOWG_p.DE) brand management has agreed with labor leaders on cutting costs at the core autos division by between 5 and 6 billion euros ($5.5-6.6 billion) by 2025 at the latest, Manager Magazin reported on Wednesday.
Talks between the two sides on a so-called future pact including cost cuts and a strategy for the brand's German factories are nearing their conclusion, the magazine said, citing unnamed sources familiar with the talks.
VW was not immediately available for comment. The VW works council declined to comment on the report.
(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Additional... read more
- 09:34 Arsenal news: Arsene Wenger admits he’s frightened of retiring from...
- 09:34 Ipswich Town vs Norwich City LIVE STREAM: How to watch East Anglia...
- 09:34 Eric Dier to Man Utd: Pochettino reveals all and blames Mourinho...
- 09:32 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits retiring from football is...
- 09:32 Priscilla Presley quits Scientology after nearly four decades
- 09:32 Paloma Faith reveals she is raising her child to be gender neutral
- 09:31 Woman, 23, arrested as baby dies after fall from sixth-floor window
- 09:31 Gerard Deulofeu insists there was 'no problem' with controversial...
- 09:31 Marc Marquez moves within touching distance of fourth MotoGP world...
- 09:31 Justin Thomas secures £1.26m PGA Tour prize after beating Marc...
- 09:30 Boy with Down’s Syndrome is the new star of River Island’s kids’ range
- 09:28 Charity night tickets selling
- 09:28 Responding to concerns
- 09:28 Derby County defender should have been sent off, says Sheffield...
- 09:26 Woman, 23, arrested as baby dies after fall from sixth-floor window
- 09:25 Fabian Delph makes a big prediction about Man City teammate Sergio...
- 09:21 5 houses in Hull which cost less than £55,000 and just need some TLC
- 09:21 Man trapped in serious crash which has closed the A165
- 09:20 Carlisle teenager named as one of world's best young poets
- 09:19 Poorly puppy owner tries to raise £3,000 for treatment
- 09:19 GALLERY; ‘Core’ blimey - apple event near Skegness attracts 850
- 09:18 PCSO whose heart stopped has emotional reunion with medics who...
- 09:18 North East news LIVE: Major delays on the Metro network due to...
- 09:18 Stephen Robinson: Grab your chance to beat Rangers and reach League...
- 09:16 Journey from pit to paint factory
- 09:16 Two lanes closed on M1 due to overturned van
- 09:16 27-year-old man is in intensive care after hit-and-run
- 09:11 Paul Robinson: Louth Cattle Market is part of a ‘complicated jigsaw’
- 09:11 Woman tracks down her missing cat after uploading its photo to Tinder
- 09:10 Away form is blighting Birmingham City - five things we learned...