'Volatile' solar market saw North Wales entrepreneur invest in hot tubs
The volatile nature of the green energy sector saw a businessman diversify into leisure – and now his hot tub business is booming.
Gareth Jones has run Carbon Zero Renewables since 2009 – and while it has been successful, the market continues to be rocked by sudden changes in Government policy towards areas like solar.
This saw Gareth investigate other sectors to ensure he was not putting his “eggs in one basket”.
He started up UK Leisure Living in 2015 and sold his first hot tub in January 2016 from their initial site in Mochdre, near Colwyn Bay.
The village may not seem the obvious choice... read more
- 20:24 Morning mail: Labor and Coalition under privacy pressure
- 20:24 Peru president Pedro Pablo Kuczynski resigns amid corruption scandal
- 20:22 Mark Zuckerberg admits ‘mistakes’ over protecting Facebook users
- 20:16 Boris Johnson compares Russia's World Cup to Nazi Olympics amid...
- 20:13 Mark Zuckerberg admits Facebook made mistakes after data...
- 20:13 Manchester United prepare £40m bid for Raphael Varane to solve...
- 20:10 How do companies use my loyalty card data?
- 20:10 Liverpool star Emre Can explains Bayern Munich transfer decision...
- 20:10 Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 20:09 Burton man in a critical condition after A38 crash near Fradley
- 20:05 Prepare for more extreme weather: Storms like the 'Beast from the...
- 20:05 Thought deleting your Facebook was enough? Firm and its advertisers...
- 20:02 Bargain Booze owner Conviviality must raise £125m to halt bankruptcy
- 19:58 Council gets tough on Priory Square
- 19:55 Liverpool legend Phil Thompson makes ‘pushover’ claim about Mohamed...
- 19:54 Memorial to victims of London terror attacks on anniversary
- 19:54 May told to fix fishing plans or rebels will sink Brexit deal
- 19:53 Son of former Coventry City star opens up about his grief following...
- 19:53 'Dead certs' - Experts covering Coventry City's promotion rivals...
- 19:52 Genetic profiling could breed cattle resistant to tuberculosis
- 19:51 Boris likens Russia World Cup to Hitler's Berlin Olympics
- 19:49 Long haul operator to land at Doncaster Sheffield Airport
- 19:48 'We made mistakes' - Facebook's Zuckerberg
- 19:46 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:44 Scammers target Cumbria homeowners
- 19:42 Indoor bouldering wall to open in Ellesmere Port this summer
- 19:39 Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City prepare transfer battle for Real...
- 19:39 Paul Pogba next club odds: La Liga, Serie A sides among favourites...
- 19:36 Lack of US election auditing raises fears of Russian vote meddling...
- 19:36 EU leaders accused of not protecting citizens’ rights in Brexit deal