Vodafone Egypt, Etisalat sign 4G licence agreements with regulator
Vodafone Egypt and Etisalat have signed 4G licence agreements with the telecoms regulator, an official from the regulator told Reuters.
The official did not give details on the terms of the licences.
Egypt is selling four 4G licences as part of a long-awaited plan to reform the telecoms sector and raise money for stretched government finances.
The country's three existing mobile phone operators - Orange, Vodafone and Etisalat - initially all turned down the 4G licences saying the amount of spectrum on offer was not sufficient to allow them to offer the service efficiently.
(Reporting by... read more
- 12:11 Double mini-roundabout to deal with 400 new houses in Albert...
- 12:10 Cat's leg amputated after 'mindless cowards' set dog on it
- 12:10 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: I want this player at Chelsea next season
- 12:10 Chelsea star Willian reveals what David Luiz told him before...
- 12:10 Aaron Ramsey: What my Arsenal team-mates really think of Arsene Wenger
- 12:10 Are we a nation of hypochondriacs? Majority of people wasting NHS...
- 12:10 The student left looking like a SNAKE due to exam stress:...
- 12:10 'I plan to enjoy my life for the first time': Surgeons remove Thai...
- 12:10 Doctors are asking the 'least bad' patients to sleep in corridors...
- 12:09 Our health workers suffering ‘anxiety and stress epidemic’
- 12:09 Schoolgirl died from asthma attack while running to catch a tram
- 12:09 Police responding to Tunisian hotel attack were ‘cowardly’
- 12:08 Competition: Win tickets to Manchester United v Bournemouth at Old...
- 12:08 Jamie Carragher blasts Jurgen Klopp for not fixing Liverpool’s one...
- 12:08 Now millennials are killing marmalade
- 12:08 The surprise Celtic players who have starred in a season of dominance
- 12:07 My night in naked New Orleans: the Mardi Gras party I'll never forget
- 12:07 BBC films Bargain Hunt in St Wulfram’s in Grantham
- 12:07 Horror movie shot by Kettering-born producer needs crowdfunding...
- 12:06 Where have all the female travel writers gone?
- 12:06 Chairman Judy hosts gala night of Bourne talent
- 12:06 When is Mother's Day 2017 and why do we celebrate it?
- 12:05 Lancaster schools warn over ‘perverts’ playground’ online game
- 12:05 Sexual health campaign steps up gear
- 12:05 THE BIG ISSUE: Crushing blow for illegal coursers in police action
- 12:05 Flood alerts for Hull and East Yorkshire coast issued by...
- 12:05 What happened when David Harewood met Samuel L Jackson
- 12:04 Man City target Virgil van Dijk will not leave Southampton without...
- 12:04 If you think someone’s following you, remember these tricks
- 12:04 North East prison officers to withdraw from riot response teams...