Virgin West Coast contract cleaners to vote on industrial action in jobs row
Contract workers who clean Virgin West Coast trains are to be balloted for industrial action in a dispute over jobs.
Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) union employed by Voith will vote in the coming weeks on whether to launch a campaign of action.
The union said 37 jobs were being cut - around 15% of the total staff - hitting on-board cleaners and those who clean and prepare the trains at main railway stations.
The announcement comes a day after the RMT said it was balloting catering supply staff employed by contractor DHL on the West Coast route in a separate dispute over... read more
- 09:25 Bitcoin price BOOST: Expert reveals why the cryptocurrency is...
- 09:25 Brave Harrogate musician highlights mental health in all-day gig
- 09:25 Blizzard Battlenet DOWN: Overwatch, World of Warcraft having...
- 09:25 Mansfield MP sorry for “unemployed wasters” post
- 09:25 Entries for the Derby Telegraph Business Awards 2018 are now OPEN!
- 09:25 Poundland to offer more fashion in its stores
- 09:25 Plans to bring another major sporting event to Leeds as city vows...
- 09:24 Road warnings continue in Calderdale weather chaos
- 09:24 Blood-soaked vandal smashed windows and doors at dentist’s and pet...
- 09:24 How the war on plastic could boost your Isa: Recycling and green...
- 09:24 College shutdown forces closure of Doncaster restaurant
- 09:24 Aubameyang to Arsenal: Batshuayi eyed to replace Dortmund ace amid...
- 09:24 Brave Harrogate musician highlights mental health in all-day gig
- 09:23 Manchester United could use Henrikh Mkhitaryan Arsenal comments to...
- 09:23 Poundland to offer more fashion in its stores
- 09:22 RBS criticised for ‘discriminating’ against rural Scottish communities
- 09:22 Jason Kerr is like an ‘exciting signing’ for St Johnstone
- 09:22 Three SNP MPs seek to strengthen parental bereavement bill
- 09:22 Scooter rider airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after...
- 09:22 Talking football: Will cup provide welcome distraction for Dundee...
- 09:22 Dundee United boss Csaba Laszlo hopes Scott Fraser’s Hearts link is...
- 09:22 Aussie flu: What is the deadly viral infection that’s rampaged the UK?
- 09:21 Sheffield motorists fork out more than £5m on council run parking...
- 09:20 KGH marks 10 years of life-saving bowel screening
- 09:20 Most new cars must be electric by 2030, ministers told
- 09:20 Carillion: Government 'inept' over crisis, says GMB boss
- 09:20 Abbeytown Carnival to end as you know it
- 09:19 Do you know what to keep in your car in winter? This list could...
- 09:19 Spring festival with a carnival feel comes to town
- 09:19 Main road into and out of Burnley closed