Virgin Trains receives staggering 15,000 applications for £57,000 driver jobs
More than 15,000 candidates have applied to drive Virgin Trains' revolutionary new Azuma trains.
Last week Virgin Trains East Coast announced it was looking to employ 78 new train drivers as part of its plan to revolutionise its rolling stock.
The new drivers will earn £57,000 and the company received an overwhelming response with around nearly 200 applications per post.
It has been Virgin's biggest recruitment drive on the east coast route since the 1980s as it gears up for the launch of the new fleet in 2018.
The Virgin Trains talent team has now started sifting through the thousands of... read more
- 10:14 Fire crews scrambled after candle in bedroom ignites mattress
- 10:14 Cheryl celebrates first Mother's Day as a mum after giving birth to...
- 10:14 Cincinnati nightclub shooting: One dead and 14 shot after gunman...
- 10:13 Todmorden Antiquarians: History of the Medieval Manor of Ightenhill
- 10:12 Keep our roads lighter and brighter, says Brake
- 10:12 This unusual accessory will tell you if people are interested in you
- 10:11 11 PLUS QUIZ: Are you smarter than an 11 year old?
- 10:11 Teenage pregnancy rate drops in Grimsby area - but is still among...
- 10:11 PICTURE SPECIAL: Steven Gerrard back in full Liverpool kit
- 10:11 Real Madrid ready to test Chelsea resolve: Cash plus player offer...
- 10:08 Police are hunting man who threatened robbery victim in Heanor with...
- 10:07 Athletics meeting held in Scunthorpe - pictures
- 10:06 11 PLUS QUIZ: Are you smarter than an 11 year old?
- 10:06 Harry Souttar has no regrets leaving Dundee United for crack at...
- 10:06 How Nottingham became the centre of miniature wargaming industry
- 10:06 Conor McGregor is not that good a fighter, he wont beat Floyd...
- 10:06 Arsenal ace makes Chelsea and Man United revelation: I could play...
- 10:05 Mother’s Day pictures, quotes and messages to help you celebrate...
- 10:05 Langham couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- 10:02 Candle set bedroom on fire in the early hours
- 10:02 England XI to face Lithuania leaked: Defoe to start as Southgate...
- 09:59 Ukip's only MP quits party 'cheerfully and amicably' after spat...
- 09:59 Second fracking public exhibition to be held in Derbyshire village
- 09:58 The staggering amount of motorists posting on social media while...
- 09:58 Andrew Robertson and Josh Tymon wanted by Stoke City and West Ham...
- 09:58 The church column with Father David Standen
- 09:58 Big Interview part two: Tommy Docherty
- 09:55 Gunman shoots 14 people in attack on nightclub in Cincinnati
- 09:55 Moped driver flees after crash and leaves injured passenger behind
- 09:55 Jones Bootmaker sale saves 840 jobs