Violent football thugs sentenced after Champions League match is marred by fighting
The four thugs – who have not been named – were arrested after at least 20 people were injured during the intense brawl prior to the game in the southern Spanish city on Tuesday.
Around 300 Lyon fans were have said to have travelled to watch their side in the group H match, which the home side, Sevilla, won 1-0.
The four supporters were arrested and one allegedly broke a policeman’s smartphone during the brawl which was captured by a bystander on a balcony overlooking the shocking scenes.
After facing a quick trial in the city’s Instruction Court 9, the Lyon supporters were each handed a... read more
- 13:08 What is a Humanist funeral? Dale Winton to be laid to rest at...
- 13:07 Melton friends set their sights on China trek for Dove Cottage
- 13:06 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 13:06 Family fun day for firefighter Stefan in Gainsborough
- 13:06 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 13:06 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:06 Man accused of launching "vicious attack" on his friend in a hotel...
- 13:06 Yorkshire rail strikes confirmed this week: What days will trains...
- 13:04 West Midlands Mayor Andy Street wants control of hundreds of...
- 13:04 2018 World Cup: Harry Kane named England captain - reaction
- 13:03 Millom Park Run members take on a different type of challenge
- 13:03 Barrow man banned from ringing 999 'unless in life-threatening...
- 13:03 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:02 Cheshire police boss backs campaign to tackle mental health issues...
- 13:02 DERBY FAN’S VIEW: disloyal Rowett is jumping ship when we need...
- 13:01 Arsenal new home kit for 2018/19: Check out Puma shirt for next season
- 13:01 BBC Coventry and Warwickshire presenter Bob Brolly suffers stroke
- 13:01 Police say missing Coventry schoolboy has been found safe and well
- 13:01 NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL: Orthodontist service expansion
- 13:01 Watch terrifying moment a cyclist is ambushed by masked gang...
- 13:01 Senior Catholic bishop convicted of covering up child sex abuse
- 13:01 Police give uninsured pregnant driver lift to hospital, then seize...
- 13:00 On the up! New indoor climbing centre set to open in Leeds
- 12:59 MP Richard Burden asks why Government failed to support Gaza inquiry
- 12:59 Remembering Martyn Hett after #BeMoreMartyn opens
- 12:59 Chinese archaeologist who 'discovered and restored' Terracotta...
- 12:58 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 12:57 Mirfield's new mayor promises task force for a brighter future
- 12:57 North End legend Graham Alexander excited by Class of ’92 project
- 12:56 Rise in number of children in care costs county an extra £2.4m