Violent criminal sentenced to jail after a year on the run 'may be dead'
A violent criminal who has been on the run for a year is still at large – despite being sentenced to 15 months in jail.
Richard Goodyer hasn’t been since he appeared before Hull Magistrates Court in August last year after slamming a bathroom door on woman's head and breaking her thumb.
Since then, desperate checks have been made to see if the 31-year-old was still alive - with no success.
It was thought that Goodyer, last of Louis Street, west Hull, might be in a mental health facility and, after asking people to see whether he was "dead or alive", police also made sure that his... read more
- 00:28 Junior football: Two wins on the spin gives Rutherglen Glencairn...
- 00:27 Crystal Palace star man Wilfried Zaha stays sharp with extra...
- 00:27 Suffering with eczema? Your daily shower or bath might be to blame
- 00:25 EastEnders spoilers: Kat and Alfie Moon for big Walford return as...
- 00:23 Man Utd star Marcus Rashford is as good as Kylian Mbappe - Phil...
- 00:23 Antonio Conte talks David Luiz injury suffered v Arsenal: He’ll be...
- 00:22 New York bomber was not operating as a 'lone wolf’, warns...
- 00:20 How do you like your wine – with a cork or screw-cap?
- 00:20 Nine million people still make or receive calls while driving
- 00:20 Consumers told to stop buying 'fire-risk' fridges
- 00:20 Ryanair pilots reject bonus to work through cancellation crisis
- 00:16 Third generation joins Lake District holiday firm
- 00:13 Giselle: Akram Khan transforms
- 00:11 Judge puts Brum bin worker cuts on the scrapheap
- 00:09 Scintillating recall of fighting racism on Bristol busses
- 00:09 A wonderful revival of Wilder’s moving tale
- 00:09 The guardian Angel of Kobane
- 00:09 Uefa boss calls for a fair football business
- 00:10 Everton FC draw Chelsea away and Manchester United travel to...
- 00:09 Yarnold sad to see bobsleigh talent go to waste
- 00:09 Sampson given the boot from top job
- 00:09 The hellish ordeal of the ‘DWP experience’
- 00:09 Die Linke women to the fore
- 00:09 The rich look down their noses at the poor
- 00:09 Birmingham council should end this sorry charade now
- 00:09 Cuba: Havana hits back at Trump’s bluster on socialist threat
- 00:09 Hurricane batters Puerto Rico after blasting Dominica
- 00:09 Unions seek reassurances after Mitie jobs cull news
- 00:09 Glasgow: Tenants in the dark about cladding risk
- 00:09 More unions want Leonard for leader