Violent Agustin Sula jailed for 18 years for murder of Mateusz Szleper in West Parade, Hull
A teenager who was on the run when he murdered a young father in a west Hull street has been jailed for a minimum of 18 years.
Agustin Sula was just 17 when he stabbed Mateusz Szleper, 21, seven times in West Parade, off Spring Bank, just before 6pm on February 14. A judge said it may never be safe to release him.
His brother Ermal Sula, 24, an Albanian goat herder, was jailed for four years for assisting an offender. He had encouraged Agustin to lie to police and fled with him to Birmingham after killing the father-of-one.
Agustin had been acting out of "a desire for violent revenge... read more
- 09:54 Phew! What's that pong over Lincoln?
- 09:53 Weston brothers in pop with plan to put smile back into music
- 09:52 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho will always respect Chelsea...
- 09:52 National news headlines for Saturday October 22
- 09:51 Foul-mouthed parent rants at woman after school parking complaint
- 09:51 Kanye West pays tribute to wife Kim Kardashian in emotional...
- 09:51 Australians rally for refugees in stand against far-right sentiment
- 09:50 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:50 Train derails and overturns in Cameroon killing at least 53 and...
- 09:50 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at north Cumbrian school's...
- 09:49 Fire crews release casualty trapped in machinery at Dyke
- 09:47 BREAKING: Murder probe as British man found tied to Malaga airport...
- 09:46 Pet shop owner fined over waste disposal shambles
- 09:46 Orionids meteor shower: how to see this weekend’s spectacle
- 09:46 Bus wars: Arriva responds to YourBus competition with refurbished...
- 09:44 Oswestry skatepark death: Rave boss avoids being sent to jail
- 09:44 Shropshire netball official jailed for taking £50,000 of club funds...
- 09:44 Property damaged in chip pan fire
- 09:42 Firebugs cause more damage to playground
- 09:42 Warning after youths seen with fireworks at park
- 09:42 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:42 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at Cumbrian school's prize...
- 09:40 Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny: This is how Arsene Wenger proved...
- 09:40 Marcus Rashford: Chelsea are just like Manchester United
- 09:38 Fundraising appeal to save Cantelupe Centre from closure gains...
- 09:38 You can ‘bank’ on volunteers to revamp school play area
- 09:36 Travel review: Hit the north to discover the real Portugal
- 09:36 Cumbria County Council to hike taxes by four per cent every year...
- 09:36 'Furness General Hospital staff made me feel like a criminal' says...
- 09:36 Crackdown on problems at Barrow block of flats revealed