Violent 13-year-old threatened to ‘put a metal rod’ in child’s spine
A 13-year-old girl whose violent behaviour caused concern has gone into local authority care after social workers told a Family Court judge that her mother and stepfather had not ‘implemented appropriate boundaries’.
Three other children in the family will also go into care as a result of decisions made by Judge Edward Hess following a Family Court hearing in Swindon, Wiltshire.
The teenager had smashed a television, punched and bitten other children, attacked adults and threatened to ‘put a metal rod’ into a child’s spine, Judge Hess heard.
Professor Stephen Hawking pulls out of charity... read more
- 08:53 FESTIVE BONANZA DAY 13: WIN! A £50 Vickerstown Interiors voucher,...
- 08:53 Ulverston PCSO issues warning to drivers over email scam
- 08:53 Confusion as Holbeach pub ‘closes’ its doors
- 08:52 Search is on for the top accountants
- 08:52 Rachael helps set the scene for play
- 08:47 DR MAX: It makes my blood boil, the Muslim wives we doctors just...
- 08:46 BREAKING: Train derails and explodes into flames in Bulgaria,...
- 08:45 11 of the most bizarre yoga classes to have come out of 2016
- 08:44 Missing father Stephen Woolley's car is found
- 08:43 Burnley travel guru helps HQ to business award
- 08:39 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:39 Men jailed for shoplifting in Buxton
- 08:39 A big cheer from Melton for Make It Happen 2016
- 08:37 What’s on in Derbyshire this weekend?
- 08:37 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 08:33 Oil platforms could be left in the North Sea
- 08:31 This Chelsea ace is so good it's like having an extra player out...
- 08:27 Aga cooker sparks city centre house fire
- 08:27 Man goes missing from Nottinghamshire village
- 08:26 Elliot ready to return after nine months out
- 08:25 Students rise to the challenge at RAF base
- 08:25 Arsenal and Manchester United target Dimitri Payet available for...
- 08:24 ‘Bridlington is an amazing place with a lot to offer’
- 08:22 Four killed after train derails and explodes in Bulgaria
- 08:21 Grantham Journal column: We’re pushing to get new complex built
- 08:19 PHOTOS: Banbury Santas run for hospice
- 08:18 Can cyclists ride side-by-side on the road?
- 08:18 Racists force council to shut down Facebook fostering campaign for...
- 08:17 Warwick Town Centre plan approved
- 08:12 Downing Street invite for local business owner