Violent 13-year-old threatened to ‘put a metal rod’ in child’s spine
A 13-year-old girl whose violent behaviour caused concern has gone into local authority care after social workers told a Family Court judge that her mother and stepfather had not ‘implemented appropriate boundaries’.
Three other children in the family will also go into care as a result of decisions made by Judge Edward Hess following a Family Court hearing in Swindon, Wiltshire.
The teenager had smashed a television, punched and bitten other children, attacked adults and threatened to ‘put a metal rod’ into a child’s spine, Judge Hess heard.
Professor Stephen Hawking pulls out of charity... read more
- 10:01 Bottles of water given to villagers hit by a burst main near Market...
- 10:01 Fewer EU nationals apply to study in Britain after Brexit vote
- 10:01 Turkey orders detention of dozens of pilots in coup investigation -...
- 09:59 Upset thief stole wine after death of friend
- 09:58 Children 'forced to sleep by roadside' after Calais Jungle...
- 09:58 FOOTBALL RUMOURS: Blanc wants United job, Allardyce for Wolves?...
- 09:57 Pensioner slasher back behind bars after going on run from jail
- 09:57 All you need to know about the new Royal Bank of Scotland £5 note
- 09:55 Demand for fibre helps BT meet forecasts, pension deficit widens
- 09:55 England beat USA to host rugby league World Cup in 2021
- 09:55 Manny Pacquiao steps up workout ahead of boxing return as...
- 09:55 Eurowings cancels hundreds of flights amid cabin crew strike
- 09:55 Leeds to lose star man in summer: Leicester scouted him in EFL Cup win
- 09:55 UK economic growth slows to 0.5% in third quarter
- 09:54 Final council votes in favour of Lincolnshire devolution
- 09:53 Cumbria warned to prepare for icy winter weather from next month
- 09:52 Gin prices will increase to painful levels if inflation rises 3%
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...
- 09:50 The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- 09:50 WATCH: Erosion has led to fish-pass problems
- 09:50 Bamburgh WI, Meeting
- 09:49 India detains Pakistani diplomat at Delhi Zoo for 'spying'
- 09:49 Support for South Korea's Park slides to all-time low amid crisis...
- 09:49 More shops opening in Leicester than closing down
- 09:49 Brexit fails to knock Shoe Zone
- 09:48 East Midlands Airport flights could be hit by strikes today
- 09:48 Chemistry department rebirth is now completed
- 09:46 Russia tests prototype nuclear warhead for Satan II which could...
- 09:46 The UK economy has grown since Brexit