Villagers’ fears over green belt homes approval
Parish councillors in a Fylde village are keeping a close eye on the implications of the latest housing development there after its objections to it were overturned at appeal.
Story Homes have been given the go-ahead to build almost 90 homes on land off Willow Drive in Wrea Green, and have promised a mix of terraced, semi-detached, and detached properties, with some specifically earmarked as affordable homes.
John Maskell, chairman of Ribby With Wrea Parish Council, said: “We objected to the development when it was submitted and also at appeal after it was initially turned down.
“We felt it... read more
- 10:46 5 reasons Toronto should be your next city break
- 10:45 Thousands of runners take to the streets for Leicester Marathon
- 10:44 Afghanistan opium production up 43% - UN drugs watchdog
- 10:43 Snorers saved from stroke risk thanks to a heart umbrella: Doctors...
- 10:43 Suzanne Evans announces she will stand for Ukip leadership
- 10:40 Missing mother could be potential murder witness
- 10:39 Hull City woeful in defeat to Stoke City - the player ratings
- 10:39 Police officer killed, 10 people wounded in bomb in east Turkey -...
- 10:39 Shane Sutton: Nothing to hide for Brailsford, Wiggins or British...
- 10:38 Stand-off between man with ‘hazardous items’ and police in Northolt...
- 10:36 Scunthorpe Hospital staff throw stunning ball - pictures
- 10:36 Tai Woffinden secures silver medal in Australia
- 10:36 Scunthorpe United always looked in control against Chesterfield:...
- 10:35 Firefighters tackle blaze at Lake District hotel
- 10:35 Burghley Park Cricket Club needs a new groundsman for 2017 season
- 10:33 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:32 Thousands of tree packs available to Grantham schools and community...
- 10:30 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:28 Jose Mourinho admits 'special one' status dependent on Manchester...
- 10:28 Bus thief jailed after leaving three-mile trail of destruction
- 10:27 PHOTO GALLERY: Day ap-peals to all as hundreds head to Gunby
- 10:24 X Factor host Dermot O'Leary lends support to campaign to find...
- 10:24 Justin Thomas overturns four-shot deficit to successfully defend...
- 10:23 St Mary's Creative Space in Chester unveil next two shows at city...
- 10:23 Cadets chosen to work alongside Lord Lieutenant of Rutland
- 10:23 Reformer Club of the Week: Kihonkai Karate Club
- 10:22 Liverpool University chief says city MUST stay open to...
- 10:19 Tumble dryer caused Eckington blaze
- 10:19 Why you think Derbyshire café Tyme Coffee Lounge was right about...
- 10:18 Second independence referendum unlikely 'any time soon', says...