Vile internet troll unmasked after abusive tweets to MP
AN MP has revealed why he called in Lancashire Police to catch a “vile” internet troll who sent him abuse via Twitter.
John Woodcock said he feared for himself and his family after receiving comments from an account which officers traced to Penwortham.
Greg Taylor, a senior official in the Mayor of London’s office, was cautioned by Lancashire Police yesterday in connection with the tweets and has resigned from his job.
Mr Taylor was quizzed by officers in Preston over the online abuse directed at Mr Woodcock, other MPs and a senior journalist at the LEP.
The 35-year-old former Stonyhurst... read more
- 10:17 Altered Carbon location: Where was Altered Carbon filmed? Where is...
- 10:17 Meghan Markle in pictures: Best outfits and fashion moments
- 10:16 Yet another delay to Kenilworth Station's opening date
- 10:15 Van overturns after A46 collision near Melton
- 10:15 Staff at Sheffield scissor firm vow to clear backlog after boss dies
- 10:15 Main road in West Cumbria blocked by accident
- 10:14 Naked Katie Price has fans in hysterics as she shows off epic fake...
- 10:14 Emmerdale’s Matthew Wolfenden and Charley Webb get married in...
- 10:14 Eden Hazard backs under-threat Antonio Conte to re-ignite Chelsea's...
- 10:14 Lionel Messi has never scored against Chelsea... so how does the...
- 10:13 Roger Federer made three huge changes to catch Rafael Nadal and...
- 10:13 Winter Olympics disaster as BBC pundit spills HOT CHOCOLATE on live...
- 10:13 Eve Muirhead: Who is Team GB's curling captain at the Winter Olympics?
- 10:13 Burton paedophile Shane Manning is caught by vigilante group called...
- 10:13 Better than Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal? Andre Agassi makes HUGE...
- 10:12 Works on Spalding’s Winsover Road start today
- 10:10 Kayden Fleck river death: Parents speak of 'nightmare' ordeal
- 10:10 Yes, light skin gets you further in the entertainment business, and...
- 10:10 University course ticks every box for professional success
- 10:10 Fire brigades union passes no confidence vote on Scottish leadership
- 10:06 University course ticks every box for professional success
- 10:09 Chester eatery shortlisted for best restaurant in British Kebab Awards
- 10:06 Charity film screening in memory of Peter Inglis
- 10:09 Seats and benches discussed by council
- 10:09 Ross Hannah '120%' committed to Chester FC cause despite...
- 10:06 Burglar brought to justice by amateur sleuths using Facebook
- 10:06 Banbury conman jailed over £1m fake football memorabilia fraud
- 10:05 Are schools and banks open on Presidents Day and will mail...
- 10:05 Bitcoin price could hit ‘near-zero’, co-founder of rival...
- 10:05 OPINION: Knight’s Days - Life at Westminster with Sir Greg Knight MP