Vile internet troll unmasked after abusive tweets to MP
AN MP has revealed why he called in Lancashire Police to catch a “vile” internet troll who sent him abuse via Twitter.
John Woodcock said he feared for himself and his family after receiving comments from an account which officers traced to Penwortham.
Greg Taylor, a senior official in the Mayor of London’s office, was cautioned by Lancashire Police yesterday in connection with the tweets and has resigned from his job.
Mr Taylor was quizzed by officers in Preston over the online abuse directed at Mr Woodcock, other MPs and a senior journalist at the LEP.
The 35-year-old former Stonyhurst... read more
- 06:08 Nigel Clough says Burton Albion's second-half turnaround was key in...
- 06:08 10 ways your home could be breaking the law – without you even...
- 06:08 Why booking a flight on a Monday could save you money
- 06:08 Hungry House takeaway service to close down
- 06:02 The most notorious derelict buildings in Leicestershire and what...
- 06:02 Why this Leicester couple will run the London Marathon dressed as a...
- 06:02 Where mobile speed cameras will be patrolling in Leicestershire and...
- 06:02 De Montfort University students escape jail 'by skin of their...
- 06:02 Arsenal targeting Nice boss Lucian Favre as Arsene Wenger successor
- 06:02 10 ways your home could be breaking the law – without you even...
- 06:02 Why booking a flight on a Monday could save you money
- 06:02 Hungry House takeaway service to close down
- 05:52 World Snooker Championship 2018: Mark Selby reacts after crashing...
- 05:50 Brisbane woman dies in police custody hours after being arrested
- 05:45 Drinking in Utah: the rules and how to manage them
- 05:39 Classical music star comes to Renew Church, Uttoxeter, for pants...
- 05:39 Unique ska-punk band Lightyear kick off anniversary reunion tour...
- 05:31 Armenian leaders face crunch talks after protests
- 05:20 'Ethnic purging': French stars and dignitaries condemn antisemitism
- 05:20 'It will not be very pleasant,' Iran warns, if Trump sabotages...
- 05:19 Gurrumul’s album Djarimirri is first Indigenous-language chart-topper
- 05:17 Ranby prisoner kicked female guard “by mistake”
- 05:16 Coronation Street spoilers: Connor McIntyre reveals who is at risk...
- 04:48 Mitt Romney will face primary after setback in run for US Senate
- 04:34 Why Burton is the perfect setting for Hollywood's next big hit
- 04:34 Final touches being put to Burton's new nightclub Allure ahead of...
- 03:49 Kelly O'Dwyer forced to admit banks royal commission was needed
- 03:46 Why a faecal transplant could save your life
- 03:31 The Lido author Libby Page on the power of uplifting fiction
- 03:17 WW1 hero to be honoured 100 years after daring submarine raid