Vietnamese man faces deportation after being jailed over Telford cannabis factory
Binh Phan, 38, had already been issued with a deportation notice by the Home Office before he was given a 40-week prison sentence at Shrewsbury Crown Court yesterday.
The court heard that Phan, of no fixed abode, became involved in the operation after being recruited by a criminal gang.
The operation was capable of producing 30 kilograms of cannabis each year, and was described as producing the drug on “a significant scale”.
Police discovered the cannabis grow after being called to a disturbance at a property in Regent Street, Wellington, in April earlier this year.
Phan was not likely to... read more
- 13:37 Bearded Scotsman hunted by police in Cumbria disorder probe
- 13:37 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:37 Is this the best youth game ever? Watch stunning cup final comeback
- 13:36 Well known Doncaster town centre GP dies
- 13:36 Jermain Defoe signs three-year deal at Bournemouth worth £20m...16...
- 13:36 Smarty pants? Children with higher IQ at lower risk of dying from...
- 13:35 Sunderland sale collapses: Ellis Short to remain, Simon Grayson set...
- 13:35 Fire safety checks come back on Cumbrian high rises
- 13:35 6 reasons to leave it all behind and go to beautiful Dominica
- 13:35 John Carver tells Rafa Benitez to sign game-changers from Chelsea...
- 13:34 This Morning viewers INCONSOLABLE as couple get married LIVE up The...
- 13:34 Bemusement arcade
- 13:34 Nigeria: Ogoni widows sue Shell over military crackdown
- 13:34 New parents naming babies after politicians
- 13:34 Specs help give Brian gift of sight
- 13:33 Alexis Sanchez, Lionel Messi and Javier Hernandez – the 40 stars...
- 13:33 Thrill-seekers stuck in mid-air for '45 minutes' on Smiler ride at...
- 13:33 Liverpool Transfer News: Lemar contact made, Sessegnon snub,...
- 13:32 15 treats you can get for free on your birthday
- 13:32 Battle to save Bowland’s skydancers
- 13:32 VOTE: Notts still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:32 Pub bombings families face fresh wait to see if suspects will be...
- 13:32 Watch: Shock moment bank raiders smash silver 4x4 into bank
- 13:31 Nuneaton paedophile jailed for making more than 6,000 child abuse...
- 13:31 It's sofa so good for new furniture store
- 13:31 Donate your old phones to students
- 13:31 Classroom hero award is music to Sir's ears
- 13:30 Uber says never told self-driving car executive to take Waymo files
- 13:30 Firefighters called in after floor collapse leaves worker trapped...
- 13:29 Gallery: Blacon High School leavers prom 2017