Vietnam energy executives stand trial on corruption charges
Senior executives from Vietnam's state oil company are standing trial in Hanoi as part of a crackdown on corruption in the country's energy and banking sectors.
The 22 defendants include the ex-head of PetroVietnam, Trinh Xuan Thanh, and a senior Communist Party official.
Germany says Mr Thanh was abducted from a park in Berlin last July, but Hanoi insists he returned home voluntarily.
He is accused of corruption and could face the death penalty if found guilty.
The German government described Mr Thanh's suspected abduction by Vietnamese spies as a "scandalous violation" of its... read more
- 12:23 Music Review Forever young Felix marks half a century with radical...
- 12:23 Music Review Junction's techno treat the one to beat
- 12:23 Interview ‘Songs always boss you around’
- 12:23 Calls for BBC to sack Lord Sugar after ‘racist’ tweet
- 12:23 England star Jamie Vardy hailed ‘absolute legend’ for hilarious...
- 12:20 BBC announces action to boost staff from BAME backgrounds
- 12:20 'Finchley Park needs levelling' - Furious reaction as man, 45,...
- 12:20 Prince Louis to be baptised on July 9
- 12:20 Teenager robbed at knifepoint in Widnes
- 12:19 Portugal v Morocco LIVE: World Cup updates with Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 12:19 Ford Park group set out to combat litter scourge
- 12:18 12 gauge pump-action shotgun handed into police
- 12:18 Kalidou Koulibaly tells Chelsea fans to expect a ‘very good coach’...
- 12:18 Two seriously injured after two bus smash outside Edinburgh primary...
- 12:17 University includes Nazi quote in email to students
- 12:17 Corby medical centre fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Rejuvenated Jimny
- 12:16 Drivers’ incentives to use new coach park
- 12:16 Bookies link Wolves with shock bid for West Brom star
- 12:15 Airport runway closure saw disabled passengers 'trapped on plane'
- 12:15 This new hub will help young people with disabilities find employment
- 12:15 PICS: Football fever lands at Treetops Nursery
- 12:14 Workers shouted 'get out' following chemical leak at Carlsberg in...
- 12:14 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:13 Anger at hospital stroke plan
- 12:13 Big Clean campaign continues to inspire tidier south Cumbria
- 12:13 Teen says charity abseil was no let down
- 12:13 Royal fuss kicked up over threats to beloved Bowness cinema
- 12:13 Scotland better represented in the Lords than other parts of the UK
- 12:13 'Catalogue of neglect' slammed by campaigners after second survey...