VIDEO: Vets warn dog owners about parasite on the rise as autumn begins
0 Have your say New figures have revealed that the parasite lungworm which targets dogs has been found in nearly every county in the UK.
Lungworm was first detected in South Wales and Cornwall in the late 1970s, but has now reached most of the UK, including Northern Ireland and the majority of Scotland.
A rise in warmer, wetter weather is believed to be partly to blame for the growth, as it has led to an increase in slugs and snails, which are the most common hosts of the lungworm parasite.
Vets are now offering advice to dog owners on how to best keep their dogs safe and protected from the... read more
- 16:32 New images released of Birmingham landmark restoration
- 16:32 Hyde Park passengers plan Leeds bus station protest over...
- 16:32 Coronation Street spoilers: Tyrone gets big surprise as major...
- 16:31 Boy, 2, killed in 'hit-and-run' in Coventry
- 16:30 PREVIEW: Premier League and Carabao Cup final
- 16:29 Air ambulance at scene of crash as both lanes of A1 closed
- 16:29 Man Utd warned Real Madrid won’t give up David de Gea chase
- 16:29 Boy, 2, dies in ‘hit-and-run’ crash in Coventry
- 16:29 COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET: 'We have an elite few, and a mass of people...
- 16:28 Invite to meet reporters in comfort of Cast cafe drop-in
- 16:28 Man Utd ace Scott McTominay makes Jose Mourinho claim after shock...
- 16:28 Real Madrid news: Marco Asensio sets 30-day deadline amid Man Utd,...
- 16:28 Can anyone give them a home?
- 16:28 Roger Federer: Rafael Nadal has cracked secret to beating Swiss...
- 16:27 Eddie Van Hoof sacked as men’s head coach at British Gymnastics
- 16:27 Bid to save Melton children’s centres from closure is blocked
- 16:26 New operator takes charge of popular Carlisle golf course
- 16:26 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:26 When does the old £10 note go out of circulation?
- 16:26 Murder accused told prison inmate he killed Sheffield man over £10k...
- 16:26 Call for FOUR fast trains an hour between Sheffield and Manchester
- 16:25 VIDEO: Hundreds of African children to get shoes thanks to Banbury...
- 16:24 BBC licence fee to rise to £150.50
- 16:24 One child killed in Coventry hit-and-run: What we know so far
- 16:24 Family of fallen soldier left devastated after sentimental items...
- 16:24 The cost of your TV licence is going up - here's what you need to know
- 16:23 The Greens’ best hope is to sign up with Labour
- 16:23 Mother who poisoned and suffocated eight-week-old son is jailed
- 16:23 Chef Novelli applauds Wakefield food ahead of city's rhubarb festival
- 16:22 Consultants criticise 'catastrophic' rise in 12-hour A&E waits