VIDEO: Take a virtual ride on UK’s first double-launch rollercoaster
0 Have your say The UK’s first double-launch rollercoaster is being built at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
Codenamed Construction 2018, the £16.25m ride is said to feature the highest number of ‘interactions’ in the world with 15 and will cross five other park rides and pass through two tunnels.
It will be the UK’s first ever with a double-launch – an advanced technology that gives the roller coaster two powerful thrusts of acceleration during the ride.
The ride is being manufactured by Mack Rides at their world-class factory in Waldkirch, Germany, utilising the latest state-of-the-art... read more
- 09:42 Katie Price claims she’s received texts from Chris Hughes’ friend...
- 09:41 Radio industry stalwarts and pop groups at Leeds awards ceremony
- 09:40 Wold Top’s rural project award
- 09:40 Revealed: How utility firm blunder led to flooding of North...
- 09:40 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:40 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist
- 09:38 Mum forced boy, 11, into sex on camera before sick footage was sold...
- 09:37 What is the net worth of prospective Newcastle owner Amanda Staveley?
- 09:37 Dracula flies into Chorley
- 09:37 Tributes as ex-Doncaster Rovers fans' director and former Donny Dog...
- 09:37 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:37 Tribute paid to former teacher killed in crash
- 09:37 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:36 Pick your team for Burton Albion's trip to Nottingham Forest
- 09:36 'Serious incidents' hit three month high at Nuneaton's hospital
- 09:36 When do the clocks go back in 2017? End of British Summer Time looms
- 09:35 Barcelona technical director 'watches Anthony Martial in action for...
- 09:35 Hair: The Musical 50th Anniversary REVIEW: A lively revival
- 09:35 MH370: Malaysia in deal with US firm to restart plane search
- 09:34 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:34 Lancashire County Council's £28m cost of care for region's...
- 09:34 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Barcelona Coutinho bid, Milner not for...
- 09:33 Iranian told he cannot stay in UK
- 09:33 Orange walks at risk following fresh legal advice
- 09:32 Kevin De Bruyne names Mancester City’s main rival for the Premier...
- 09:32 Properties evacuated in Cleveleys after 'gas leak' fears
- 09:32 Chelsea staff fear ‘dead man walking’ Antonio Conte will be sacked
- 09:32 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:31 Premier League predictions: Paul Merson calls the scores for this...
- 09:30 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist