VIDEO: Police say there is 'no vendetta' in failed attempt to revoke licence of Sheffield club Niche
Police said there is 'no vendetta' but only a need to 'protect the public' in their attempt to revoke the licence of a Sheffield nightclub. Owners of Niche on Walker Street close to the Wicker, were told they must improve security measures following a Sheffield Council licensing hearing at Sheffield Town Hall.
Huge cheers from supporters could be heard from the public gallery as the licensing chair, Coun David Barker announced the decision.
The hearing was told four people were stabbed and another suffered broken bones following in what police called a 'gang' related attack on December 23.... read more
- 07:14 Carradice leads fight back as Birstall overcome Hopton Mills to...
- 07:14 Twist at top of Premier table as Hanging Heaton suffer first defeat...
- 07:12 Two Barnsley women due in court today accused of murder
- 07:11 Befriending service for the lonely in Northampton plea for urgent...
- 07:10 Dowson delighted to be part of Boyd's Saints setup
- 07:10 Arsenal star Henrikh Mkhitaryan reveals what he hopes Unai Emery...
- 07:10 Thomas reassures Cobblers fans that off-field issues will not...
- 07:10 Poolies have the power to drive Hartlepool United back where they...
- 07:09 Emergency ‘shock’ measures lined up for Scots economy
- 07:06 Man runs 67-mile heart-shaped marathon around Manchester to pay...
- 07:04 Health column: Athletes must look after their brains
- 07:04 IN PICTURES: Buckingham comes together for the royal wedding
- 07:02 Trains disrupted because of car on railway line in Rotherham
- 07:02 Guest Column: Does social media improve modern life?
- 07:02 Arsenal news: Mikel Arteta eyeing 'new Premier League job' after...
- 07:01 Football team of Northampton man killed in hit-and-run to hold...
- 07:01 Delays and lane closures on M62
- 07:01 Fears of staffing crisis as GPs ‘can only accept urgent patients’
- 06:59 Leader comment: The Scotsman finds Donald Trump’s perfect golf partner
- 06:58 Dad and daughter team up for 400km charity cycle challenge
- 06:58 South Shields teen to receive Duke of Edinburgh Award
- 06:58 Special celebration for heroic war veteran as he turns 100
- 06:58 Driver calls for end to pothole misery after having to replace...
- 06:57 Tetford volunteers show how to clean up
- 06:57 Education Column: Sheffield headteachers have got some tough...
- 06:54 Guest Column: Become a king or queen at the Old Hall
- 06:53 TWO former Chelsea stars on Roman Abramovich's director of football...
- 06:50 YEP's own Connie makes the news as she celebrates 100th birthday
- 06:47 Wayne Bell jailed for neo-Nazi group social media posts
- 06:48 ‘Too much TV’ linked to heart disease and cancer