VIDEO: Police dog stabbing prompts Finn’s Law campaign to change status of police dogs and horses
0 Have your say Three senior police officers from West Yorkshire Police have shown their support to a national campaign, to see police dogs and horses given the same rights as police officers if they are assaulted in the line of duty.
Finns Law is a campaign that began following the stabbing of a Hertfordshire Police Dog earlier this month. PD Finn underwent four hours of emergency surgery after being stabbed in the head and chest when detaining a suspect in Stevenage. His handler also received injuries to his hand.
The suspect, a 16-year-old boy, has been charged with criminal damage... read more
- 14:01 Iconic Nolia 31310 mobile phone is back in business after relaunch
- 14:00 Former drug addict gets his first job in 30 years
- 14:00 Britain’s first ‘bionic dog’ runs again after being found with paws...
- 14:00 Jay Z and P!nk among Virgin V Festival 2017 headliners - along with...
- 14:00 BREAKING: Armed police make two arrests on major Sheffield road...
- 13:59 Teenager Brandon Bilsborough jailed for at least 25 years for...
- 13:58 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:59 Pakistan confirms seven extra passengers carried on fully booked...
- 13:58 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 13:58 TOWIE tans really do make men more attractive to women, suggests...
- 13:58 Huge bridge beams installed as part of Wellingborough’s Stanton...
- 13:57 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: ‘I will stop on top’
- 13:57 Manchester United star Eric Bailly gets revenge on Antonio Valencia...
- 13:56 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:56 Luke Shaw set to leave Manchester United: He’s had enough under...
- 13:56 Here's what the retirement house of the future might look like
- 13:56 Clifton shop goes on the market - and it's rent-free for a year
- 13:55 Redundancy led to own business for Castleford marketer
- 13:55 YP Letters: Coping with challenge of variety in classroom
- 13:55 Pontefract student lands C4 TV drama role
- 13:55 Scunthorpe man dies after crash
- 13:54 22 drink related deaths in Scotland each week
- 13:54 Police Scotland seeks to ‘do more with fewer people’
- 13:53 Nokia 3310 officially revealed: Everything you need to know
- 13:53 Woman pulled to ground during struggle with armed robber in...
- 13:53 Tailbacks after lane closures on M1 at Wakefield
- 13:53 Plan for 100 homes approved for Leicester's St Mary's allotments site
- 13:53 Owners of Bosch and Neff built-in hobs given gas leak warning
- 13:52 'I'm coming for you next you b****' : Matalan double-murderer...
- 13:52 Men bailed after altercation in Workington flat