VIDEO: It will be raining words at Sheffield's Off The Shelf - tell us your favourite Yorkshire sayings
0 Have your say Aye up. 'Av a gander at this. Tha'll niver believe thi eyes with all this Tyke talk when it's silin' it darn in tarn!
Or to put it another way, you'll not believe your eyes when it starts raining Yorkshire sayings in Sheffield.
Off The Shelf book festival organisers what your help to suggest the best local words and expressions to use in this magical UK first.
American street artist Peregrine Church will bring his amazing water-activated art to the city after wowing Seattle with words and images that can only be seen when it rains.
There will be a map to show where the... read more
- 18:47 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Friday, May 25, in the...
- 18:45 Alastair Cook defiance in vain as England suffer worrying collapse...
- 18:45 French Open draw: Who Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Serena...
- 18:40 Mum gives birth to healthy baby despite being pregnant...
- 18:39 Man Utd transfer news: Pogba swap ‘proposed’ to Barcelona, Fred...
- 18:38 Cabinet shake up for SLDC as new members take up roles
- 18:38 Avon’s £16 Eva Mendes perfume is voted Britain’s best, beating YSL,...
- 18:37 Sheffield tennis court use rockets
- 18:36 Emergency brake was disabled on self-driving Uber that killed woman
- 18:35 Morgan Freeman accused of sexual harassment by multiple women
- 18:35 'I'm not sorry I said it': Erykah Badu on music, motherhood and...
- 18:34 Couple murdered French nanny over ‘bizarre Boyzone obssession’
- 18:34 Morgan Freeman facing ‘multiple’ sex harassment allegations
- 18:31 Pet shops could soon be banned from selling puppies
- 18:31 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told he must have these TWO...
- 18:31 Man Utd transfer news: Chelsea joined in Robert Lewandowski race as...
- 18:30 Readers try to find novelist’s ‘crime scenes’ in Peak District
- 18:28 Keeping the NHS going could cost you £2,000 in extra taxes
- 18:28 Work on derelict Carlisle hotel halted due to fresh fears
- 18:28 Police officers ‘ate cannabis on duty then called for back-up when...
- 18:27 Arrest over Chorley dog’s head incident
- 18:25 Lloyds investors rebel against bank's executive pay report
- 18:23 Irish pro-choice campaigners recount #HomeToVote journeys online
- 18:21 'An absolutely disgusting article': is satire funnier when the...
- 18:21 Sudanese teenager who killed rapist husband appeals death sentence
- 18:18 Arsonists caught fleeing after throwing petrol bomb at house where...
- 18:16 Special ball raises £300k to support Doddie Weir MND cause
- 18:16 Nicola Sturgeon 'horrified' by gagged worker photo
- 18:14 Everton next manager odds: Who will replace Sam Allardyce at...
- 18:09 Fab Harrogate leads way on plastic waste battle