VIDEO: Hundreds march through Matlock against hospital proposals
‘Save our beds’ was the rallying cry in Matlock on Saturday morning as hundreds marched against cutbacks at the town’s Whitworth Hospital.
The march - which was organised by the Matlock Hospitals League of Friends - was to protest against the closure of 24 community rehabilitation beds at the hospital’s Oker Ward.
The march’s organisers had also collected an 8,000 signature petition opposing the plan and, after leading the 250 strong protest from the centre of Matlock to the hospital itself, presented it to the health bosses who will take the final decision later this year.
League of... read more
- 05:43 From birdwatching to chess… favourite hobbies of each Prem club's...
- 05:43 Manchester United v Southampton combined XI: Who makes the cut...
- 05:39 'Bursting point' NHS has missed bed targets for five years - Labour
- 05:39 Booze touts, bonking and 'professional beggars': Is it time to...
- 05:39 Monster who raped two girls was previously jailed over £115,000...
- 05:38 Minister unveils name of North Yorkshire Sirius Minerals mine
- 05:37 Arsenal setback: Potential Arsene Wenger replacement could become...
- 05:31 IS threat to UK as great as the IRA's in the 70s - terror...
- 05:31 Top bosses! Which managers have won the EFL Cup since 1992?
- 05:31 Watch in awe as man detonates cage full of fireworks in his garden
- 05:21 New bistro open for business in Lincolnshire town
- 05:17 Eric Cantona discusses Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Why he's so important...
- 05:02 Stoke boss Mark Hughes has his say on Dele Alli's horror tackle
- 05:02 David Haye wants to end Tony Bellew's career in front of his family
- 04:55 Ernie is laid to rest at the winning post
- 04:52 Jeremy Corbyn 'determined to finish job'
- 04:48 Homes approved for garden
- 04:43 Pokemon Go APK reveals more news on shiny Gen 2 Pocket Monsters
- 03:49 Cesar Azpilicueta wants more trophies to earn label of Chelsea legend
- 03:49 Fernerbahce ready to listen to offers of £13million for Chelsea...
- 03:44 Ministers criticised over named person consultation
- 03:44 £165m Manchester tramline set to open
- 03:40 Mass Effect Andromeda release date minimum specs revealed as...
- 03:38 Care home woman to get £45,000 payout for 'deprivation of liberty'
- 03:38 Director boycotting Oscars will address London premiere of his...
- 03:20 Nintendo Switch games list receives huge Zelda Breath of the Wild...
- 03:18 Wary of Trump unpredictability, China ramps up naval abilities
- 03:04 UK terror threat 'at highest since 1970s IRA plots'
- 02:45 Vehicle hits crowd at New Orleans parade
- 02:29 Kim Jong-nam killing: Malaysia airport terminal declared safe