VIDEO: Don’t miss Halley’s Comet spectacle as fireballs light up night sky
0 Have your say Eyes to the skies! We’re in for a month-long meteor shower thanks to dust from Halley’s Comet.
The Orionid meteor shower is visible until November 7 with its peak expected on the night of October 20 into the morning of October 21.
At its height, up to 20 meteors are visible every hour. The best time to view the Orionids is just after midnight and right before dusk.
A Met Office spokesman urged residents to wrap up warm, go outside, lie back and look up.
The spokesman said: “To see the meteor shower, you don’t need a telescope, binoculars or any other equipment – all you need... read more
- 11:04 Can you help broaden horizons for family show specialists?
- 11:03 Appeal to trace relatives of Wakefield man after his death
- 11:02 Liverpool target Alisson pulls off ‘incredible’ skill during match...
- 11:01 Who controls the world's most toxic chemicals?
- 11:01 Daphne the duck: Giant inflatable found off Perth after Australian...
- 11:00 French consulate worker accused of smuggling guns to Gaza
- 11:00 Motorcyclist dies after Cuckney crash
- 11:00 Barcelona star Lionel Messi doesn't get punished for dissent like I...
- 11:00 SPECIAL REPORT: The homes in Northampton so bad they are making...
- 11:00 Appeal to trace relatives of Wakefield man after his death
- 10:59 Elderly South Yorkshire man followed and robbed by van driver
- 10:59 Snow causing disruption to Sheffield bin collections
- 10:59 Call for artists to take part in Buxton Spa Prize
- 10:59 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:59 Ten things that make you realise why you love Wigan
- 10:58 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:58 European team of the week based on stats: Real Madrid, Inter Milan,...
- 10:58 'I need some explanation' When one West Brom old boy forgets...
- 10:58 Yet another weather warning issued for Birmingham on Tuesday by Met...
- 10:58 Bullring co-owner rejects takeover bid by French investor
- 10:57 Driver tells firefighters to ‘f*** off’ after blocking them in to...
- 10:57 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:57 Water supplies cut off to houses in Southam this morning
- 10:56 UK growth muted despite increasing worldwide demand
- 10:56 Law firm Burness Paull named as 2017’s top dealmaker
- 10:56 'Abandoned' former Sutton pub could be turned into apartments
- 10:56 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:56 Kevin Pietersen reveals why he decided to retire from cricket:...
- 10:55 Numbers can cause a host of problems for schoolchildren
- 10:55 Snow causing disruption to Sheffield bin collections