VIDEO: Don’t miss Halley’s Comet spectacle as fireballs light up night sky
0 Have your say Eyes to the skies! We’re in for a month-long meteor shower thanks to dust from Halley’s Comet.
The Orionid meteor shower is visible until November 7 with its peak expected on the night of October 20 into the morning of October 21.
At its height, up to 20 meteors are visible every hour. The best time to view the Orionids is just after midnight and right before dusk.
A Met Office spokesman urged residents to wrap up warm, go outside, lie back and look up.
The spokesman said: “To see the meteor shower, you don’t need a telescope, binoculars or any other equipment – all you need... read more
- 00:18 Police tackle vehicle offences in Clayton-le-Woods
- 00:17 Some psychosis cases an 'immune disorder'
- 00:17 Children's online junk food ads banned by industry
- 00:17 Chelsea consider raid for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez: Antonio...
- 00:17 Roy Keane says Leicester are 'in big trouble' as he claims the club...
- 00:17 Karim Benzema becomes sixth player to score 50 Champions League...
- 00:16 Getting ready for the world of work
- 00:12 Brexit: French financial regulator wooing London banks
- 00:11 Tamil Nadu faces political vacuum after Jayalalitha's death
- 00:11 Why has this Nobel winner been ignored for 30 years?
- 00:10 Hundreds of police accused of sexual exploitation
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...