VIDEO: Don’t miss Halley’s Comet spectacle as fireballs light up night sky
0 Have your say Eyes to the skies! We’re in for a month-long meteor shower thanks to dust from Halley’s Comet.
The Orionid meteor shower is visible until November 7 with its peak expected on the night of October 20 into the morning of October 21.
At its height, up to 20 meteors are visible every hour. The best time to view the Orionids is just after midnight and right before dusk.
A Met Office spokesman urged residents to wrap up warm, go outside, lie back and look up.
The spokesman said: “To see the meteor shower, you don’t need a telescope, binoculars or any other equipment – all you need... read more
- 02:58 Stephen Martin: Rates rise risky gamble for small firms
- 02:58 Andrew Vine: 50,000 deaths a year demand an end to pollution
- 02:58 Greg Wright: It’s wrong to use families as pawns in Brexit game
- 02:24 David Cassidy: Ex-Partridge Family idol says he has dementia
- 02:22 Nikkei edges up as yen eases, Nippon Paper surges
- 02:13 Alt-right editor challenges journalists to visit Sweden
- 02:06 Governments 'must address corruption to defeat IS', says report
- 02:02 Trump's state visit will go ahead despite angry backlash
- 02:02 PM steps up Brexit Bill pressure as she sits in on peers' debate
- 02:02 Ministers dismiss business rates 'underestimation' reports
- 02:02 Yo-yo dieting 'could be good for you even if you put all the weight...
- 02:02 Taking children back to US would be bad parenting, says Rob Delaney
- 02:02 Watchdog calls for separation of officers in fatal incidents to...
- 01:52 Colombia FARC rebels to start disarmament process
- 01:42 EastEnders spoiler: Ian Beale writes his will after suffering a...
- 01:41 Arsene Wenger 'astonished' by Sutton's performance as Arsenal...
- 01:41 Wales coach Rob Howley faced with selection issue as Taulupe...
- 01:39 Snail venom compound 'offers chronic pain therapy'
- 01:36 Mary Berry 'stands by' Paul Hollywood after Bake Off move
- 01:30 Children's hospital is first to be rated 'outstanding'
- 01:25 Benefits variations unacceptable - MPs
- 01:25 Hospital cuts planned in most of England
- 01:23 Uber hires ex-U.S. Attorney General Holder to probe sexual harassment
- 01:23 Bungling European Union displays US flag with EXTRA STAR during...
- 01:12 Reliance's Jio hails Uber ride in payments battle with PayTM
- 01:12 Gloucester say sorry for fan's rude gesture to Saracens forward...
- 01:12 Jamie Heaslip believes Ireland are on right path as No 8 admits...
- 01:12 Sutton's cramped Gander Green Lane was an intense setting for...
- 01:12 U.S. crude prices rise as investors bet big on oil strength
- 01:04 Toshiba wants to raise at least $8.8 billion from sale of chip unit...