VIDEO: Don’t miss Halley’s Comet spectacle as fireballs light up night sky
0 Have your say Eyes to the skies! We’re in for a month-long meteor shower thanks to dust from Halley’s Comet.
The Orionid meteor shower is visible until November 7 with its peak expected on the night of October 20 into the morning of October 21.
At its height, up to 20 meteors are visible every hour. The best time to view the Orionids is just after midnight and right before dusk.
A Met Office spokesman urged residents to wrap up warm, go outside, lie back and look up. The spokesman said: “To see the meteor shower, you don’t need a telescope, binoculars or any other equipment – all you need... read more
- 13:45 Music is key to Rachel’s studies fund
- 13:45 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:45 Peter Andre suggests medication for anxiety is ‘wiping the problem...
- 13:44 Uncertainty for 20 staff at Barrow construction firm amid reported...
- 13:44 Church cash denied
- 13:44 New village speed signs for Deeping St Nicholas
- 13:44 Bill for grass cutting
- 13:42 Cops target Notts drivers using their mobile phones
- 13:43 Why earthworms are so important
- 13:42 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:42 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:42 Vodka thief sent back to prison for £7 theft in Mansfield
- 13:42 Premier League Team of the Season revealed - but there's a twist
- 13:42 Done Deal: West Brom tie down Gareth McAuley to new contract
- 13:42 Jose Mourinho has back-up plan should Antoine Griezmann snub Man...
- 13:41 SSE fearful of lower annual profits than expected as customers gear...
- 13:40 Film review: Ghost in the Shell
- 13:39 ‘Railway history’ to be made as station reopens after 50 years
- 13:39 Army reservist qualifies as elite fitness instructor
- 13:39 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:39 India privately took Amazon to task over insulting flag doormat
- 13:38 GLOBAL MARKETS-Euro dips as price data further dampens ECB hike bets
- 13:38 American Airlines passenger jet pilot dies on final approach
- 13:36 'It was love at first sight'
- 13:36 Royal Bank of Scotland names Helen Cook as HR chief
- 13:36 Canal trust looking for new volunteers
- 13:35 LSE launches 200 million pound share buyback
- 13:35 Transfer News: Man United back after Bale, Chelsea agree fee,...
- 13:35 Chelsea to hold summer talks with lethal striker after he sparked...
- 13:35 Expected Liverpool XI: Who makes Klopp’s 4-3-3 for Everton game...