VIDEO: £750K repairs complete at flood-hit Hebden Bridge
0 Have your say The A646 Falling Royd on Burnley Road in Hebden Bridge is now fully open to two-way traffic, as works to repair the flood-damaged road and retaining wall are complete.
The Boxing Day 2015 floods caused a 30-metre long crack in the road after a supporting concrete beam slipped down the hill.
Although the road remained open, it was reduced to one lane with temporary traffic lights due to the extent of the damage and the complex engineering works required.
Calderdale Council was keen to not only repair the road and wall, but also to make them more resilient.
The hillside has... read more
- 21:56 Ex on the Beach's Joshua Ritchie fears he could be Stephanie Davis'...
- 21:55 SPEED CAMERAS: Latest hot spot locations
- 21:54 Rio Tinto hits 2016 iron ore guidance, 2017 target intact
- 21:53 Aston Villa U23 0 Middlesbrough U23 0: Kienan Davis misses late...
- 21:52 Moroccan boxing coach detained after raid for allegedly recruiting...
- 21:52 A look inside the world of Donald Trump
- 21:51 Shoppers urged to change passwords after Scottish hackers jailed...
- 21:49 Simone Zaza is Mr January and Dimitri Payet features in March......
- 21:46 Will bringing Cafe Dansant back be a good thing for our area? -...
- 21:46 Tributes pour in for much-loved mum-of-three who died on New Year's...
- 21:46 Bird flu confirmed at Lincolnshire turkey farm
- 21:46 Eight killed in attack on police checkpoint in Egypt's Western Desert
- 21:46 Labour MPs call on Jeremy Corbyn to give clearer message...
- 21:46 Former U.S. officials urge Trump to talk with Iranian MEK group
- 21:46 New Year nightclub attacker caught in Istanbul - Turkish media reports
- 21:46 Comp: Win a pair of tickets to Chelsea v Hull at Stamford Bridge on...
- 21:45 The Istanbul New Year’s Eve nightclub attacker ‘has been caught’
- 21:43 Istanbul Reina nightclub attacker 'captured'
- 21:42 Jamie Carragher identifies the area Chelsea can be exploited by...
- 21:40 Illegal angler fined for fishing without a licence
- 21:40 Tesco is recalling Butter Chicken product as it contains nuts
- 21:36 BREAKING: Turkish police capture New Year's eve ISIS nightclub gunman
- 21:34 Liverpool legend slams Manchester United for "lack of class" in Old...
- 21:34 Thierry Henry: Why Chelsea's 3-4-3 system is so effective
- 21:33 Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
- 21:32 Pregnancy weight gain not linked to early death in adulthood
- 21:32 Gentler exercise ‘can be just as effective’ as intense activity
- 21:31 'Wicked' man, 78, jailed for historic sex offences against children...
- 21:31 Blue Monday: 17 reasons why Derby folk should be cheerful in 2017
- 21:26 Boy, 17, admits Birmingham taxi stone attack