Victory as Birmingham's Trafalgar Day parade is saved
BIRMINGHAM’S historic Trafalgar Day parade is back on after council bosses stepped in and backed the 200-year-old tradition.
It means that the annual celebration of the famous naval victory will take place as planned at Admiral Nelson’s statue in the Bullring on Sunday, October 23 with special guests from the Royal Navy, veterans associations, cadet groups and scout groups.
The 11th hour rescue came through following last week’s article in Birmingham Mail in which organisers said the event was at risk of cancellation because they could not meet the cost of, or provide extra security.
Read... read more
- 15:16 Birmingham has the best burger in Britain - it's official
- 15:16 Huge increase in calls to NSPCC over children exposed to domestic...
- 15:16 Elderly man batters dog with CANE during argument
- 15:16 Complaints against Humberside Police soar by 44 per cent
- 15:15 Marcus Bignot says he is confident of getting results at Chester FC
- 15:15 Take a 360 look around this rare Ferrari for sale in Lincolnshire...
- 15:15 Brendan Rodgers: I tried to keep Raheem Sterling on £2k a week at...
- 15:12 New Barrow CancerCare centre to offer relaxed environment for patients
- 15:09 British man held in Dubai for raising middle finger
- 15:06 Manchester United fans think they’ve found proof that club are...
- 15:04 Manchester United FC chief predicts 'exciting times' this season
- 15:04 The Walking Dead season 8 LEAKS: All the spoilers so far
- 15:03 Spice and Class A drugs seized in police raids in Grimsby
- 15:01 Safety watchdog investigating Birmingham Airport after boy...
- 15:00 Man guilty of double killing at Dundee family vigil
- 14:57 Porn film ‘accidentally’ shown on TV at children’s ice rink
- 14:57 Bere Island buzzing over mystery lottery win
- 14:57 Catalonia referendum: Protesters gather outside court
- 14:56 Chelsea agree transfer with Atletico Madrid for Diego Costa
- 14:56 PSG News: Dani Alves rips into Diego Forlan for Neymar and Edinson...
- 14:56 Parker vs Fury: Peter Fury defends Joseph Parker's promoter from...
- 14:55 New giant Aldi store re-opens in Great Barr after revamp
- 14:55 West Brom's FIFA 18 player ratings revealed: Summer signing takes...
- 14:55 'Slap up' meal offered to councillor who blasted new eatery
- 14:55 Revealed: How Chris Anderson links Coventry City and Exeter City
- 14:55 Holocaust denier ordered to visit AUSCHWITZ death camp every year...
- 14:53 Chelsea confirm agreement with Atletico Madrid for transfer of...
- 14:52 Celebrated quartet’s schools tour
- 14:50 Wasps boss: Willie le Roux and his agent know nothing of possible...
- 14:49 Juncker suffers embarrassment as his phone goes off AGAIN - but was...