Victoria Wood statue campaign raises £20,000 but seeks £10,000 more
A campaign organised by Victoria Wood's brother to create a statue of the entertainer for her home town of Bury has reached its £20,000 target.
Chris Foote Wood has run a crowdfunding campaign to erect a life-size sculpture of his sister, who died of cancer in April at the age of 62.
However he is now seeking a further £10,000 to cast and transport the solid bronze statue and fix it in place.
"Thanks to hundreds of Victoria's fans, we can now pay the sculptor," he said.
"Casting in bronze is an expensive exercise, and there are transport and fixing costs."
Bury Council... read more
- 00:34 Wall Street stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- 00:34 Ghana opposition urges voter support, seeks to turn economy around
- 00:33 Pep Guardiola keen to move on from Sergio Aguero's red card against...
- 00:32 Harry Kane: I can win the Premier League and the Champions League...
- 00:32 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool still have the bottle to win the league...
- 00:31 BREAKING: 'It's the right time' New Zealand prime minister John Key...
- 00:30 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic denies purposefully...
- 00:29 Philippines urges Bangladesh to share results of heist investigation
- 00:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday
- 00:22 Last winter's floods 'most extreme on record in UK'
- 00:22 BT needs to improve customer service after regulator move - chairman
- 00:22 Pupils must be taught British values to help bind communities,...
- 00:20 Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew hopes luck holds after saving job...
- 00:20 Darren Fletcher praises West Brom for attacking style after Watford...
- 00:20 Mark Hughes addresses fears over Marc Muniesa leaving Stoke after...
- 00:18 Mario Balotelli cures injury boredom by showing off football skills...
- 00:17 May seeks 'new chapter' in Gulf relations ahead of Bahrain visit
- 00:17 Chris Gardner: The homeless man who became a multi-millionaire...
- 00:11 Number of UK agency workers 'to reach one million' by 2020
- 00:11 'Act now' on Christmas debt worries
- 00:11 Low Pay Harms Care Standards
- 00:11 'Dangerous wait' with fire-risk dryers
- 00:09 Supreme Court to hear government appeal over Brexit powers
- 00:08 Impressive life of feminist pioneer
- 00:08 How and why Corbyn won out
- 00:08 Inside the new world turned upside down
- 00:08 55 clubs in frame for abuse as Chelsea apologise
- 00:09 Who's Who 2017: Eight people from Leicestershire among new entries
- 00:08 Hillier urges HMRC to probe Mourinho for tax-dodging
- 00:08 Rugby Union: England trounce visiting Aussies