Victoria to overhaul health system after hospital safety review over baby deaths
Victoria’s health department is not giving quality and safety in healthcare the attention it needs to protect patients from harm, a hard-hitting review of hospital safety, published on Friday, has said.
The findings have prompted Victoria’s health minister, Jill Hennessy, to announce an overhaul of the state’s health system.
The review was led by the health program director at the Grattan Institute, Stephen Duckett, and was ordered after 11 newborn and stillborn deaths at Bacchus Marsh hospital were found to have been potentially avoidable.
Cardiotocograph failures led to deaths of three... read more
- 12:07 Motorist clocked racing at 126mph on the M181 near Scunthorpe
- 12:07 Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- 12:06 Music review: RSNO - Verdi Requiem
- 12:06 Music review: Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- 12:06 Album reviews: The Rolling Stones | Peter Doherty | Jools Holland
- 12:05 Thousands of Charter Savings Bank customers are warned their...
- 12:05 Motorists experiencing huge delays on A590 between Greenodd and...
- 12:04 South Tyneside theatre celebrates ‘takeover’ by young artists
- 12:04 New apprentice driving towards bright future after being taken on...
- 12:04 Tottenham Expected XI: Pochettino to give youth a chance in his...
- 12:04 This Chelsea loanee could become the next Frank Rijkaard - former...
- 12:04 Chelsea drama could repeat itself if Jose Mourinho doesn’t do this...
- 12:03 Top European wedding award for Woodhall Spa venue
- 12:03 Your fiver could be worth £50,000 if it has this amazing tiny...
- 12:03 Disability event in Woodhall Spa
- 12:03 Extraordinary meeting over plans to extend Raunds business park
- 12:03 Haul of samurai swords, knife, cash and jewellery stolen from...
- 12:02 Hartlepool sisters win Pop Act of the Year
- 12:01 City estate agency expands team
- 12:01 Injured swan causing delays on M1
- 12:01 VIDEO: ‘Diamond shaped UFOs’ spotted ‘colliding’ in Derbyshire
- 12:01 Four Dales leisure centres to be outsourced
- 12:01 Quad bike stolen from Derbyshire farm
- 11:58 Twenty seasons on, despite Jurgen Klopp and a host of superstar...
- 11:58 Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea set for...
- 11:57 Doncaster Rovers fanzine is named country's number one at...
- 11:57 Three arrested over breach of security at Doncaster airport
- 11:56 Badger cull free TB eradication in Wales and Northern Ireland? The...
- 11:56 Ugandan LRA fighter denies atrocity charges, says he was victim
- 11:55 Burton Leonard man banned from the roads following drug arrest