Victim's widow calls for action to address 'mental health homicides'
Dr Jeroen Ensink, 41, was stabbed to death as he left his flat in Islington, north London, to post cards announcing the birth of his daughter Fleur 10 days before.
When the renowned academic failed to return, his wife, Nadja, went outside to find police had cordoned off the street and the cards her husband had been carrying strewn on the pavement spattered with blood.
Prosecutor Duncan Atkinson QC said the victim shouted for help and said "no, not a knife", before the ferocious attack by a barefooted Femi Nandap.
The 23-year-old student stabbed Dr Ensink repeatedly in the chest... read more
- 09:11 The two Yorkshire buildings voted among England's top ten spookiest...
- 09:11 Darren McGarvey: Taking stock of the crisis in masculinity
- 09:11 Girl, 16, taken to hospital after yobs set off fireworks in town...
- 09:11 Extra service for worshippers this Christmas
- 09:09 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday October 17 2017
- 09:09 'Halifax' constituency axed in revised parliamentary boundary plan
- 09:08 Manchester United must improve one record to win the Premier League...
- 09:07 'Halifax' constituency axed in revised parliamentary boundary plan
- 09:07 Couple caught on CCTV having sex in Domino’s face jail
- 09:07 Couple caught in sex act behind the wheel by speed camera
- 09:06 Horror crash in Small Heath leaves one dead - what witnesses said
- 09:06 M&S launches a wine with half the calories of regular vino
- 09:05 Edinburgh robot could help autistic adults find work
- 09:03 Delivery driver 'punched in chest' during day light robbery on...
- 09:03 Derby County LIVE: Thorne pushing for starting spot, Vydra and...
- 09:03 Why Strictly can't afford to lose BRENDAN, says JANE WARREN
- 09:03 How gymnast Madelaine is going for gold
- 09:01 Star Interview: Barnsley broadcaster Jenni Murray sees history...
- 09:01 EastEnders' Ian Beale is LEAVING the soap 'for good' after over...
- 09:01 Wind speed of 77mph recorded in Sheffield as Storm Ophelia batters...
- 09:01 Carer jailed for raping disabled woman after dressing her in...
- 08:57 Do US dogs have better access to radiotherapy than Nigerian people?
- 08:57 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho wants bumper pay rise to extend Old...
- 08:57 Transfer news LIVE updates: Man Utd pay demand, Chelsea eye...
- 08:56 BBC to shelve Crimewatch after 33 years
- 08:56 UK seaside down gripped by freak tornado looming overhead as Storm...
- 08:56 Is Hurricane Ophelia coming to London?
- 08:55 Power cuts in Preston and Chorley after Storm Ophelia
- 08:55 Asos profits surge as overseas sales boosted by weak pound
- 08:54 Breast cancer warning from man stunned by 'impossible' diagnosis