Victim of Spalding train death tragedy is named by police
A woman who was hit by a train on a Lincolnshire railway line has been named.
Police say the body found on the track near to Green Lane in Spalding on Saturday morning is believed to be Bahrathi Palanisamy.
The 28-year-old was reported missing before her body was discovered.
READ MORE: Police ask residents if they heard screams in the hours before train death
Police are still treating the death as unexplained and continue to appeal for witnesses.
Bahrathi is described as an Asian female with long dark hair. She was 5ft 3in tall and at the time of going missing, was wearing a blue coat, dark... read more
- 15:30 Rat-infested prison has ‘worst conditions ever seen by inspectors’
- 15:30 Scarlet fever: Number of cases reach 40, with Barrow among places hit
- 15:30 Man Utd make big Gareth Bale call as Alexis Sanchez deal edges forward
- 15:30 New bird restriction for Notts
- 15:30 The best medicine: Waeska at The Mandrake review
- 15:30 Family pay tribute to 76-year-old woman tragically killed after...
- 15:29 18th Century inn abandoned during Clearances is unearthed
- 15:29 Novak Djokovic vs Albert Ramos live stream, TV channel, UK Time...
- 15:29 South Shields stabbing victim seriously injured after being...
- 15:29 Emmerdale spoilers: Ned Porteous reveals why you need to be very...
- 15:29 Vikings season 5: How many episodes? When is the next episode...
- 15:29 New bird restriction for Notts
- 15:28 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:28 Murder investigation launched after man dies in street attack
- 15:27 Piping in little Cerys
- 15:27 Hospital saline probe: Prosecutors considering case
- 15:26 Man freed after car hits lamppost and turns over in Quorn near...
- 15:26 Fire crews deal with second car crashing into house in same village...
- 15:26 Family of man left to die alone in suicide pact describe 'black...
- 15:25 Hull man's search for army friend who took him to Bristol Zoo and...
- 15:25 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:24 Mobile speed camera locations in Calderdale
- 15:24 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:24 New bird restriction for Notts
- 15:23 New bird restriction for Notts
- 15:23 Top surgeon suspended after domestic abuse convictions
- 15:22 Charles Burnett III, British-born speed king, dies in helicopter crash
- 15:22 Heroin for a cough, cocaine for hay fever and crystal meth for...
- 15:21 It is time for Loris Karius to deliver at Liverpool FC
- 15:21 Wasps transfer news: Alex Lundberg leaves Wasps with immediate effect