Vets warn over salt and grit dangers to pets

Vets warn over salt and grit dangers to pets
 

With temperatures dropping as low as -15C in some parts of the country this week, vets are warning pet owners to take extra caution during the cold spell with salt, grit and antifreeze proving fatal to pets.
Salt, grit and antifreeze used to de-ice outdoor areas is particularly dangerous to pets if it is ingested or trapped in the animal's paw.
In extreme cases it can cause “convulsions and kidney damage”, according to The British Veterinary Association (The BVA).
The BVA is urging pet owners to wipe paws after every outing and take extra care when handling antifreeze.
British Veterinary... read more

 
14 December 2017 in Regional North West , Views: 34
Share:
 




News Widget for Webmasters


Realtime News

 

«
»
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28