'Very high' odds of December Fed rate hike appropriate -Rosengren
A top Federal Reserve official on Friday endorsed the "very high" odds that financial markets have priced in for a U.S. interest rate hike in December.
"The market seems to think that there's a very high probability of (hiking in) December. We'll see how the economic data actually comes in, but I think that is priced appropriately," Boston Fed President Eric Rosengren said on CNBC.
Futures traders give about a 60 percent chance of a rate rise in mid- December, and only an 8 percent chance for a move in early November.
Rosengren, a usually dovish official who nonetheless... read more
- 13:51 Colorado Girl Scouts are now allowed to sell their cookies in front...
- 13:52 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:52 Warnings over Amazon toy after young girl ends up in hospital with...
- 13:51 Clitheroe is the unluckiest place in the UK
- 13:52 Institutional sex abuse survivors urged to come forward for inquiry
- 13:51 How do tuition fees in the UK compare to other countries?
- 13:51 10 great things to do in Derbyshire this half term
- 13:51 Clitheroe KFC temporary closure as chain runs out of chicken
- 13:51 Liam Payne, 24, reveals what he and Cheryl, 34, disagree over...
- 13:51 Cash Isa savings rates begin to tick up
- 13:51 The Great North Air Ambulance a step closer to finding a new base
- 13:51 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:51 Stars of the future: The 50 most promising under-20 players in...
- 13:51 YP Letters: Dreading the closure of our local banks
- 13:51 KFC closures across Wigan borough - latest
- 13:49 NBA All-Star Weekend: Slam dunks, superheroes and a shaky anthem
- 13:47 Colorado Girl Scouts are now allowed to sell their cookies in front...
- 13:46 Revealed: The best Harrogate GP surgeries according to NHS rankings
- 13:46 Pete Wishart rules himself out of SNP’s deputy leader race
- 13:45 Have you seen missing 15-year-old Hannah?
- 13:44 Shocked Hucknall residents react to Strathmore Close ‘murder’
- 13:44 Have you seen missing 15-year-old Hannah?
- 13:43 New rules for Burnley street traders
- 13:42 Latvian central bank boss 'wanted bribe'
- 13:43 President’s Day 2018: What is closed on President’s Day?
- 13:42 Indian bank branch at centre of $1.8bn fraud is closed
- 13:42 BITCOIN NEWS: US giant says cryptocurrencies won’t spark financial...
- 13:43 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:43 Garry Ringrose in contention to face Wales after replacing injured...
- 13:42 Huge black holes spotted expanding ‘faster than their own galaxies’