Verizon says Yahoo hack 'material,' could affect deal
Verizon Corp (VZ.N) said on Thursday it has a "reasonable basis" to believe Yahoo Inc's (YHOO.O) massive data breach of email accounts represents a material impact that could allow Verizon to withdraw from its $4.83 billion deal to buy the technology company.
Verizon's general counsel Craig Silliman told reporters the data breach could trigger a clause in the deal that would allow the U.S. wireless service company to not complete it.
"I think we have a reasonable basis to believe right now that the impact is material and we're looking to Yahoo to demonstrate to us the full... read more
- 10:53 Black cab and LandRover involved in dock road crash
- 10:52 Doncaster's Vulcan bomber to be put in storage, closed to public...
- 10:52 Overweight Nottinghamshire is becoming diabetic
- 10:52 Liverpool reject bid from Premier League rivals: This is why
- 10:51 Police operation to catch out shops serving alcohol to children in...
- 10:51 Transfer News LIVE: Arsenal done deal, Jesus joins Man City, Man...
- 10:50 Meet the mum who turned tragedy into helping other people
- 10:50 Nearly one in 10 secondary schools are under-performing - but...
- 10:48 VIDEO: Ovenden murder - residents speak of shock
- 10:48 Toddler died after being hit by mum’s car, inquest heard
- 10:48 County unveils plans for unitary authority
- 10:48 Wakefield secondary league tables in full: How does YOUR school rate?
- 10:48 Plan to demolish busy multi-storey car park
- 10:47 Did you see man assaulted in Chesterfield town centre?
- 10:47 Traffic stopped on M1 after serious collision
- 10:46 BHP Billiton and Vale set timeframe for Samarco mine claims
- 10:46 These are the 21 countries where Brit expats have the best lifestyle
- 10:46 Mainly dry but generally overcast
- 10:46 West Brom: All your transfer window questions answered
- 10:45 Newton Mearns showhome with international style
- 10:44 Diego Costa posts Instagram update after returning to Chelsea training
- 10:43 ‘Deja vu’ fears over Leeds trolleybus successor
- 10:43 Friends of dying Hull dad shave their heads for Dove House Hospice
- 10:43 GCSE league tables for Hull and East Riding: Every school ranked...
- 10:43 Hull City Council leader Steve Brady faces calls to resign over...
- 10:43 Beverley drink-driver Sarah Hodgson ran over Yorkshire Terrier in...
- 10:42 Theresa May says UK is ‘open for business’ after Brexit
- 10:42 Mainly dry but generally overcast
- 10:42 Nearly one in 10 secondary schools under-performing - but unions...
- 10:41 Heineken in advanced talks to buy Kirin's Brazilian unit - Valor