Verizon closing call centers in five U.S. states, 3,200 jobs affected
Verizon Communications Inc (VZ.N) said on Thursday it plans to close call centers in five states, including its home state of New York, as the No. 1 wireless company trims head count and reorganizes operations in a saturated wireless market.
The move, which will affect 3,200 workers is a part of Verizon's effort to consolidate customer service operations across the United States.
The company, which has a workforce of about 162,700, recently agreed to buy Yahoo Inc (YHOO.O) for $4.8 billion as it looks to tap new revenue in areas such as digital media and advertising.
"We are realigning... read more
- 06:18 WANTED! Police release details of suspects after burglary spree
- 06:16 Club chief explains why Chelsea striker deal collapsed last summer
- 06:16 Arsenal’s £25m swoop, Liverpool message, Man United’s two bids,...
- 06:16 Our Westminster editor gives his first hand account of terrorist...
- 06:16 We must not flinch in the face of terror - evil will never be...
- 06:16 Italy's Five Star Movement blamed for surge in measles cases
- 06:15 Burglar jailed after leaving blood and fingerprints during East...
- 06:14 Business Improvement District blitz Northampton streets in a bid to...
- 06:14 Celebrating 70 years of iconic Dr Martens brand
- 06:14 Victoria’s little shop of horrors in Daventry has become a monster...
- 06:14 Swimming gala fun celebrates talent
- 06:13 Pogba, Sanchez, Hazard... The Premier League's most valuable XI
- 06:13 Manchester United defender Luke Shaw handed timely boost
- 06:13 Man City star John Stones is a symbol of progress in English football
- 06:13 London terrorist attack - Derby MPs pay tribute to police officer...
- 06:13 Huge vessel’s visit captured by college art teacher
- 06:13 Hartlepool schoolboy Alfie Smith completes his first physio session
- 06:13 Hundreds gather to say ‘goodbye’ to Hartlepool youngster Ethan Owens
- 06:13 Fly-tipping increase fears
- 06:13 Hartlepool United’s Kieran Green joins Gateshead, Adam Bartlett...
- 06:11 Leeds school to close for day following Ofsted inspection
- 06:11 Leeds planners ‘must do more to encourage house building’
- 06:11 Police follow up new leads in hunt for 1994 killers of Tracey Mertens
- 06:10 How the front pages of newspapers are reporting the London...
- 06:10 Key quotes and tributes in the aftermath of London terror attack
- 06:10 CBeebies stars heading to Wellingborough for premiere of new stage...
- 06:10 Kettering couple can’t wait for first Mother’s Day after 12 years...
- 06:10 Funding row leads to fears over future of Corby Urgent Care Centre
- 06:09 Leader comment: Britain’s police need to routinely carry guns
- 06:09 Leader comment: Time for change on GM crops